Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Tegg
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

If some amazing people could help me with these then I'd really appreciate it!

1) My hand size doesn't include assets in play, right? Couldn't find the strict definition.

2) Can anybody use an ability in any player window? Even on another player's turn?

3) Do you still get player windows in enemy movement if nothing moves - I'm assuming you do?

4) Does the act deck advance only when you have a player window?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my interpretation:

1) Correct. Assets in play don't count. You control the Assets in play, but they aren't in your hand. I'd interpret the rules as: in order to "play" an Asset, you must use a Play action and pay its cost and that card goes from your hand to the Play area. It WAS in your hand, and now it's in the Play area.

2) A Free triggered ability could be triggered during another player's window, although the ones I've noticed are all specific to "your" condition being met, so that wouldn't really help another player.

Reaction triggered abilities are dependent upon the meeting whatever condition is stated on the card, regardless of the player (although again, most of them I've seen refer to you doing something else first, so those conditions wouldn't be met during another players turn or action).

Action triggered abilities could not be triggered on another players turn since they require an Action and Actions can only be triggered on your turn.

3) I'd agree that the window exists. I see nothing to state that even should there be no enemies at all, that the enemy phase would be skipped.

4) I'd say yes in most cases, but the Objective on an Act card can override that being the case. So if an Objective states, "When the round ends" (and whatever other conditions are met), even though there's not a player window at the end of the round, if the other conditions of the Objective are met, you could advance the Act deck at the end of the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
2) Some cards have qualifier "Play only during your turn" or similar, which implies that, unless this is specified on in an ability, cards can be played during other investigators' turns assuming the costs can be met.

4) The 'default' Act card can only be advanced during the Investigation phase, within the free trigger windows. I think (maybe?) the LTP glosses over this point, but it is clarified in the relevant Act and Agenda deck section of the RR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Tegg
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Eric and Dee!

I was pretty sure that's how it went, but it's nice to have some helpful and more knowledgeable people clarify it for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Noaloha wrote:
I think (maybe?) the LTP glosses over this point, but it is clarified in the relevant Act and Agenda deck section of the RR.
Infuriatingly, it's the other way round, sort of, which tripped me up initially.

In glossing over the details of what player windows even are, LTP does specify that advancement is done during a player turn. RRG just says "normally as a (lightning) ability" without stating further restrictions or details whatsover, which would mean it could be done in any window.

(Of course arguing RRG precedence here is akin to saying that blindly blowing up the hidden rebel base is not in fact an immediate imperial victory, so I restrained myself from sending in a dumb ass rules question about it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.