Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles» Forums » General

Subject: Game Editions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
The BoB series is due up to be played on my gaming schedule in the first quarter of 2017 sometime and several months ago I purchased the first editions of Screaming Eagles edition dated 2010 and Ghost Panzer edition dated 2013 on their boxes. I know that the series has newer editions now but I certainly don't want to waste money on these newer editions, especially since I haven't played the editions that I already have.

My question is, is the Texas Arrows Expansion completely playable with the SE edition that I have? and also are the upcoming battle pack and battle manual also compatible as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn Raider wrote:
The BoB series is due up to be played on my gaming schedule in the first quarter of 2017 sometime and several months ago I purchased the first editions of Screaming Eagles edition dated 2010 and Ghost Panzer edition dated 2013 on their boxes. Now I know that the series has newer editions now but certainly don't want to waste money on these newer editions, especially since I've never played the editions that I already have.

My question is, is the Texas Arrows Expansion completely playable with the SE edition that I have? and also are the upcoming battle pack and battle manual also compatible as well?
If you get the current (first) printing of Texas Arrow your Screaming Eagles will effectively be updated to second edition; TE has replacement counters for SE that have the new values on them.
I don't think future releases will be compatible with first edition rules though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the heads up and have also seen that sometime in 2017 a Pacific Theater game is due for release and that looks like the time to jump in with the new rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the map style has changed. TA is the last module to support the old style (it contains both styles). If you want to go beyond TA, I'd get the new stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joshaubry wrote:
Also, the map style has changed. TA is the last module to support the old style (it contains both styles). If you want to go beyond TA, I'd get the new stuff.
True, I almost forgot that the old edition has different art and thinner boards. I've only seen one board with the old style (the one from TA), but I don't think that's worth buying a whole new copy of SE for.
The old maps can be sued with the new ones, they'll just have a slightly different thickness and different artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.