Geki
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow Delvers.

Today we ran into a bit of an enigma: we're playing our third stage in the Delve and we have therefore not transitioned to act II yet. Yet the app instruct us to place Queen Ariad on the board, for whom we have no Act I card. Is this a bug (I thought she was an arachnid whistle ) or should we simply face the Act II monstrosity?

Best
Geki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppel (BGG)
Germany
Kirchzarten
B-W
flag msg tools
Meowww
mbmbmbmb
Are you sure you had to face Queen Ariad?

I had to face Ariad (http://descent2e.wikia.com/wiki/Ariad) in the Delve in a 3rd stage encounter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seppel wrote:
Are you sure you had to face Queen Ariad?

I had to face Ariad (http://descent2e.wikia.com/wiki/Ariad) in the Delve in a 3rd stage encounter...
That would be my thought, too. If it said QUEEN Ariad (it would probably show her token on the monster track as a confirmation) then that's a mistake as there is no Act 1 card of her (just like there is no Act 1 Raythen or Serena lieutenant).

I doubt it's asking you to put the Act 2 lieutenant in the Act 1 stage (though that is not unheard of, it's been done in Shadow of Nerekhall interlude). In that case, though, I'd really expect an explicit, "use the Act 2 lieutenant card".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
geki wrote:
Hello fellow Delvers.

Today we ran into a bit of an enigma: we're playing our third stage in the Delve and we have therefore not transitioned to act II yet. Yet the app instruct us to place Queen Ariad on the board, for whom we have no Act I card. Is this a bug (I thought she was an arachnid whistle ) or should we simply face the Act II monstrosity?

Best
Geki

Look up the stats for Queen Ariad Agent act 1 if this happens again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation.

It was indeed Queen Arias, as also shown by her token on both the map and the side track.

We got slaughtered, we'll try again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a workaround, but it doesn't explain the stage directions. That delve boss stage is (all boss stages are) playable WITHOUT the queen ariad LT pack in the collection. So either:

-it's a mistake (whether it should be an act 2 only boss stage or it loads the wrong lieutenant)
-it means for you to use act 2 but doesn't say so

In either case, it should be in the bug report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
My intent was in fact for a workaround. Same for the Raythen/Serena boss stage because I know they popped up in Act I for me too.

Look up their Act 1 Agent cards online, use those stats whenever they pop up in Act I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geki wrote:
Is this a bug (I thought she was an arachnid whistle )

^ true nerd joke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joeri Rotthier
Belgium
Hemiksem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yup,

It happens. Had this too.
We discussed it, looked at the stats of the ACT 2 Queen, discussed it again .
We decided to take the hardest version of the Act I Lieutenant.

I think FFG might have missed that error

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siu Kee Lee
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, my group had it too - stage 3 Queen Ariad. It was a stage that had only spiders as monsters (cave and bane). We postulated that Delve works by randomly selecting a 'boss' stage for their 3rd and 6th, and so did not consider that Queen Ariad does not have an Act I version.

The surge abilities of Queen Ariad indicates it had to be the LT version rather than the agent (i.e. there's no surge spending instructions for the Queen, meaning it's the LT version - only one way to spend surges).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.