Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
65 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Scotland

Subject: Edinburgh Math Trade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an appetite for another Edi no-shipping math trade? If so, before Christmas or in the New Year?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Lodge
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmlima wrote:
Is there an appetite for another Edi no-shipping math trade? If so, before Christmas or in the New Year?


I'm starving.....................
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aly D
Scotland
Edinburgh
EH17 8LA. Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never been involved with one previously but happy to do so this time. Assume the rules of 'how we do this' are pretty straight forward?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilson
United Kingdom
Falkirk
Stirlingshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely but up for this. I would prefer after Christmas but would take part either way
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I would prefer end of Jan deadline as I am snowed under in the run up to Christmas.

BTW I still haven't traded all mine from last time. Without going in to too much detail I owe a guy a game, he owes another guy a game. He wasn't able to get rid of his game so he doesn't feel obliged to take mine. I tried to argue that there is no connection since I still got all the games I was supposed to received therefore I am effectively 1 game up.

Anyway to cut a long story short I think we need a 'must accept the game by' deadline or else the receiver forfeits the rights to the game. 3 months would be the max I reckon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uisge Beatha
Scotland
flag msg tools
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout
badge
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout
mb

Thanks for suggesting. Yes, I'm interested. Where do I sign up?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tentatively interested, but it would depend a lot on the dates/deadlines, and possibly the math trade rules.
I live in Portugal, but travel to Edinburgh a few times a year.

Can someone link me to the previous math trade, so I have an idea of the rules and deadlines?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Millar
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested. Either time period suits me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
I'm tentatively interested, but it would depend a lot on the dates/deadlines, and possibly the math trade rules.
I live in Portugal, but travel to Edinburgh a few times a year.

Can someone link me to the previous math trade, so I have an idea of the rules and deadlines?


Here is the last one I think

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/195810/no-ship-edinburgh-...

When are you in Edinburgh next?
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested, this was the thread of the latest trade, which contains the rules.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/195810/no-ship-edinburgh-...
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Batz wrote:
...
BTW I still haven't traded all mine from last time. Without going in to too much detail I owe a guy a game, he owes another guy a game. He wasn't able to get rid of his game so he doesn't feel obliged to take mine. I tried to argue that there is no connection since I still got all the games I was supposed to received therefore I am effectively 1 game up.

Anyway to cut a long story short I think we need a 'must accept the game by' deadline or else the receiver forfeits the rights to the game. 3 months would be the max I reckon.


I know that you know that I know who you are talking about. And I agree.

But in that particular case, I think we should just let bygones be bygones and list those games again. A fresh start.

I was reviewing dates and I think we will aim to start on the return from New Year. Otherwise we will end dangerously into December, leaving people with just another thing to squeeze into an already busy period.

See ya all next year then!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Would be up for it - through in Glasgow but would be good to have an excuse through to Edinburgh for gaming Into the new year gives people a chance to dig through their collection and decide what has been replaced with the new Christmas goodies!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
jmlima wrote:
Batz wrote:
...
BTW I still haven't traded all mine from last time. Without going in to too much detail I owe a guy a game, he owes another guy a game. He wasn't able to get rid of his game so he doesn't feel obliged to take mine. I tried to argue that there is no connection since I still got all the games I was supposed to received therefore I am effectively 1 game up.

Anyway to cut a long story short I think we need a 'must accept the game by' deadline or else the receiver forfeits the rights to the game. 3 months would be the max I reckon.


I know that you know that I know who you are talking about. And I agree.

But in that particular case, I think we should just let bygones be bygones and list those games again. A fresh start.

I was reviewing dates and I think we will aim to start on the return from New Year. Otherwise we will end dangerously into December, leaving people with just another thing to squeeze into an already busy period.

See ya all next year then!


All sounds great to me. If we can have the deadlines set at the longer durations we tried that would be good for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Batz wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
I'm tentatively interested, but it would depend a lot on the dates/deadlines, and possibly the math trade rules.
I live in Portugal, but travel to Edinburgh a few times a year.

Can someone link me to the previous math trade, so I have an idea of the rules and deadlines?


Here is the last one I think

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/195810/no-ship-edinburgh-...

When are you in Edinburgh next?

Thanks!
I'll be there fromNov 25th till Dec 7th. After that, likely January or February.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonia Mitchell
Scotland
Renfrew
Renfrewshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested, but would also prefer mid-end of January.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitton
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely keen for a local math trade. Been a while since the last one ...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy New Year to all!

Start your engines. The trade list will be up on Monday 9th Jan 2017 (ie, next Monday).
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably worth cross posting in the Edinburgh guild forum.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean you have to submit your stuff by Monday, or that submissions start on Monday?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cw67q wrote:
Does that mean you have to submit your stuff by Monday, or that submissions start on Monday?


That the list for submissions will be up on Monday.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade list is up!

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/220082/no-ship-edinburgh-...

Please use this thread for any discussions.

It will be added to olwlg once it is up, it is not running for me this morning.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the last time, please can I request a longer gap between the item submission deadline date and the Want list submission date? 22nd to 27th is not long enough. It needs to run at least 7 days, ideally 9 or more.

Also can a 'special term' be added specific to this trade to cover the situation when the person you are trying to give your game to cannot be pinned down in order to give them the game. So something like "The receiver of the game must be available to accept their games within 8 weeks of the Want list submission deadline. If the receiver of the game is not able to make themselves available within this period then they waive the right to get the game". Or similar?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Kennington
msg tools
designer
mb
Sorry, I'm new at this but really want to participate.

I have a 7 wonders with the 7 Wonders: Leaders expansion in the same box - is that the "sweeteners" thing you're describing in the geeklist description or is it listed some other way?

Also, the help links are coming up with privacy warnings and big danger signs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.