Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

like many I've read/watched the reviews, read the forums etc, but I'd like some insights of the community of the pro/cons of Age of Conan versus Cry Havoc.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are extremely different games - Cry Havoc has more in common with Blood Rage. Age of Conan is more strategic, and Cry Havoc seems more tactical.

Anyway, For Age of Conan: Pros - complex strategy, with multiple paths to victory, an interesting Conan mechanic and how he influences the world. Cons - difficult learning curve, especially during the first age; Risk-like war rolls; lengthy military process to conquer regions.

For Cry Havoc: Pros - an excellent tactical combat system. Cons - It's not Conan.

Conan: Games set in the Hyborian Age
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the other poster they are nothing alike.

AoC is a very long, first game took 7 hours because we had a lot of questions. Future games took about 2-4 hours. There is the common dice pool that decides your actions.

Cry Havoc seems quick, in a long game you still only ever get 15 actions. I played a game where we only got 9. There is a lot less choices in CH but it is still complex.

I own both, AoC I play once or twice a year when I get an itch for Risk. CH we play once a month or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.