Just wounder if anyone out there has their copy yet and maybe has some insite into the rules of the game for more clarification.
Hi, Yea I just attempted to play test this today with a few friends and we had to abort after 20 mins or so of trying, as the rules were horrendously written. There's enough on the rulesheet to kinda see how the game works but we were coming up with a lot of questions as to how things actually happen without any clarification being found in the rules.
I can tell the game is very simple and after enough attempts at playing it people could possibly fill in the blanks but the rulesheet is too vague in that it doesn't provide enough information in regards to answering any questions about specific actions. Things like the order of activating abilities, with which dice and when? are they taken from the pool or can we still use ones in our hand?? etc
I'm going to study the rulesheet more and see if I can make heads or tails of it.
Ideally though we need the creator to post a simple but thorough and concise explanation online. A playthrough video of a 2-4 player game would be god to watch too.
From my understanding it works like this:
- Deal a character to each player
-- Each player will draw abiilty cards based on the shards showing on their card + 1 rainbow shard
- Each player will then choose 1 ability card to keep and pass the rest to the left
- this will go until all players have 1 ability card for each shard shown
-- each player can use have 1 rainbow shard in place of any shard color on their card
-- each player may only take abilitys matching shards they have ie. If I show 2 reds and 2 yellows I can have 2 red and 2 yellow ability shards or replace 1 red or yellow with a rainbow shard but I can never have blue or green abilities.
-- If you are passed a set of cards you cannot draw from simple pass it along until you can.
--- if you are not able to take any of the remain cards on the table draw a new random shard card from the shard deck you are missing (this is only if you are not able to take take any of the cards still being passed)
- Remove the charcter and shard decks from the game
- Put 5 dice for each player in the center of the table
- Each player will take 5 at random
- The round and dealer cards are given to a random player
- All player roll their dice
- The person with the round and dealer cards start the game
- They get to discard up to 2 dice and roll them back in to the center of the table
-- If the plyer rolls a Beer icon they lose 3 shards if possible immidatly before anything else can happen
- The player can then activate 1 ability they have if any of the 2 dice rolled show the ability symbol needed.
- Then the next player will do the same until it comes back to the dealer
- The dealer will then take 1 dice back from the center leaving the face as is.
*** If the user has a ability with 'Drawcast' and take the corisponding die face during this step they can activate that ability.
- All other players will then draw a dice back and this will keep going until every one has 5 dice again.
- Then the dealer card moves to the left and the process starts again
- Once the dealer card returns to the player with the round card the players then score.
- Starting with the player with the round card
- Look at fusions first and pay out fate and shards to a player
-- Pay out fate and shards
- Look at pairs all numbers and letters as well as the symobls showen this includes numbers and letters on fusion dice that where already payed and symobls shown on the score card page.
-- Pay out fate and shards
- The player may now choose to filp over any number of fate cards and resolve them at this time (even cards gained in an earlyer round that where not fliped at that time)
- The the next player to the left will score
- Once all players have scored the round card passes to the left
and the cycle starts again
The game ends when:
- All players have had the round card once
- There are no shards left to gain the game ends immediately
- Most shards after final scoring phase win.
The only thing i'm unclear on is how the Gift cards work.
Haven't received it yet, but I'm still hopefully of getting it next week since neither of you are in US.