Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played Evolution: Climate with Donald Trump and a few other people.

Trump made a first-turn carnivore. By the second turn, everyone else had defensive traits, and his carnivore went bankrupt extinct.

Early on, some of us played food cards with suns. I moved the climate marker. Trump objected on the grounds that there's no such thing as climate change. He ranted for a few minutes, but then acknowledged that it's just a game, and so could include things that real life doesn't.

Later in the game, one of the other players turned one of her species into a carnivore. It ate one of Trump's species. He called her a "nasty woman".

I reminded him that he'd started off with a carnivore. He denied it, and said that was yet another media smear.

I won't publish scores here, but I will note that Trump did not win. He claimed that the game had been rigged. But he did like some things about Evolution, and might be persuaded to play one of the versions without the climate track.

That's about as much as I can remember, and have time to report now. If you were also there, please share your recollections of our game with Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Shanowitz
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this should have been posted in the Sessions forum. Can a mod move it so we can make the forums great again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theaaron wrote:
I believe this should have been posted in the Sessions forum. Can a mod move it so we can make the forums great again?

I didn't post it under Sessions, since a mod might doubt that it really happened...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a move to RSP. I come here to get away from politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
How about a move to RSP. I come here to get away from politics.

Chris,
Good point. I'd rather it stayed here, and it seems to have been welcomed with some quick thumbs (and a little gold - thank you!).

But of course that's a mod call.

If I write a "Game With Hilary" story I won't post it here. (But it writes itself! She seems to be getting good card draws, but is in fact dealing herself cards from a private deck! She scores more points than any other player, but still loses!)

If I write a story about religion and Evolution: Climate, I won't post it here. I won't write a story about sex and Evolution: Climate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played Migratory on my species, Trump exclaimed, "That better not be a Mexican animal species, or it won't be able to migrate past my border wall/fence without the Flight expansion."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump loves the Herbivores because he once played a point salad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Loblaw
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndAgainMA wrote:

I won't publish scores here, but I will note that Trump did not win.

I was there also and think you might have this a little wrong. If you'll recall, Trump didn't have the most points but he still won. Nobody at the table really understood why but when he explained that "I know games, i have the best games" it all made sense.

I'm surprised you also forgot to mention that when he was transitioning the pieces back into the box Trump set the whole thing on fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other player's species adopted chameleon like qualities but Trump's species remained the one same colour. Sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captainpigwash wrote:
AndAgainMA wrote:

I was there also and think you might have this a little wrong. If you'll recall, Trump didn't have the most points but he still won. Nobody at the table really understood why but when he explained that "I know games, i have the best games" it all made sense.

If we're going to poke fun, I'd rather it be accurate. Actually Trump did win according to the rules as written, but almost everyone playing the game misunderstands the rules and claims we should play with different ones.

Edit - Also totally agree this belongs in RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nemisis
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
captainpigwash wrote:
AndAgainMA wrote:

If we're going to poke fun, I'd rather it be accurate. Actually Trump did win according to the rules as written, but almost everyone playing the game misunderstands the rules and claims we should play with different ones.

Hillary was playing too but obviously nobody else playing was aware of who she really is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben Carson played as well. When it came to his turn, he stared at the board for minutes and everyone thought he had severe AP.

Actually he'd fallen asleep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
George W. also played and, like Trump, he insists on playing with the expansion titled 'electoral college'. The expansion adds some randomness and luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nemisis wrote:
reddish22 wrote:
captainpigwash wrote:
AndAgainMA wrote:

Hillary was playing too but obviously nobody else playing was aware of who she really is.

Was she the dino-soros?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Moved from Evolution: Climate to the Religion Sex and Politics forum.

This forum is largely unmoderated. If you choose to actively avoid topics of religion, sex, and/or politics or do not want to read or participate in an unmoderated thread please Unsubscribe now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Our Game With Trump = "Puss*GRAB*MON!"
>sauron< -"Puss*GRAB*MON!" the 'lot' of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet C.
United States
Los Angeles
flag msg tools
mb
...and the whole game we all wondered who had invited these people and where was our real gaming group? Had our Meetup.com group really degraded as far as this!?

Until the next meetup, I think I'll stay here in Shanghai.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
>sauron< "Puss*GRAB*MON!" 'far-East reach gotcha'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.