Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I am making a game with double sided cards. Should the cards be designed so you flip them upside down (horizontal axis) or sideways (vertical axis)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Should the cards be designed so you flip them upside down (horizontal axis) or sideways (vertical axis)?
flip upside down
flip sideways
      22 answers
Poll created by mafman6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im for sideways as thats what we're used to. Think of it not like two images but one 3d object up should stay up no matter how you spin it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I flip up. It is also dependent upon the orientation of the information on the cards. As long as they are placed on the table in the right direction, it may not matter. I would rotate the deck if it was opposite of my preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Vestal
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan_c_byrd wrote:
I flip up. It is also dependent upon the orientation of the information on the cards. As long as they are placed on the table in the right direction, it may not matter. I would rotate the deck if it was opposite of my preference.

I agree that it will largely depend upon how you have structured them, but my natural inclination is to flip things sideways. With that said, if it's better for the game or makes more sense to be horizontal, I probably wouldn't notice the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Depends on what the card is being used for and how it is presented.

For example, Yashima: Legend of the Kami Masters has a tome for each character that flips like a book.

On the other hand, I could see an argument that flipping up might feel better when upgrading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.