1 Posts

The Wastelanders: 2048» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Finally - first playthrough rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrik G
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I've had this little game sitting on the shelf for a while, and finally got to play this with my brother (hereby referenced to as the lucky piece of cheese).

We got two games in and the lucky cheese won both since I, in the first game, managed to starve the gypsy to death (I hate the event cards...) and in the second game I had to take a gamble with the zoo, where my medic was promptly eaten by wild animals. In both games I failed miserably in my recruitment, basically only getting one success on several attempts (even switched dice!) but the lucky cheese managed to amass a small army both times. Although he never needed to combat me, since my survivors managed to off themselves without any other interaction..

Our overall impression was that it starts out slowly, but once you hit the 4th round, things get interesting. Some rules we had to debate, but tried to keep the outcome in the "spirit of the game". Like the locust swarm. It does not say if it affects your placement cards only, or all. Both would work, but we went for all locations since a swarm would probably affect an entire city. As we never did combat I can't really say how it would work.

In conclusion, this is a great little game with really fast setup, nice atmosphere and it requires a lot of thought and planning. The rules are what they are, but open questions can generally be easily decided. The additional rules here on BGG are a great help as well.

So hats off to the creator!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.