Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Kopcan
Germany
Elchesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the problem I published a theory in the 3rd round not knowing about red. So I published the red ? flag. After next round, I was sure my theory was right.
Is it possible to debunk my own?

I think it is not possible, cause to publish a new theory with stars, it has to be wrong, so my debunk act would fail, but the red ? flag would still stay on the board.

How is it possible to republish a right descision to get 5 points at the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DStroke wrote:
I had the problem I published a theory in the 3rd round not knowing about red. So I published the red ? flag. After next round, I was sure my theory was right.

No. There's no way to debunk a correct theory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is true is true and will never be false.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dupree
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a promo favor car that lets you replace a seal on an existing theory. It's the only way to remove a seal on a correct theory.

I recommend that once you publish a correctly hedged seal (meaning you know two aspects are correct and have hedged the third), you stop gathering information about that ingredient. It's not worth putting more effort in for a 50/50 chance of getting 2 points debunking yourself. Instead spend your time learning and publishing about other ingredients, buying artifacts, etc.

Let your opponents put in the effort of proving you wrong, and even if they do, you got some free information. If you turn out to be right then the seal sits there earning you grants and best alchemist points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohan Trudel
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alternatively, you can take a bit of a gamble.

Depending on what kind of potions your opponents have combined in the first turn (same as yours or not), you might be able to get away with publishing a theory that you know for a fact is incorrect... but one for which you know exactly how to debunk in a way that will not make you lose points (i.e. place the appropriate seal).

You then proceed to debunk your own theory for 2 rep points and, hopefully, in the interim, you acquired enough information to know what the true element is and can re-publish immediately for points.

It is a gamble because another player might have acquired EXACTLY the piece of information he/she needs to debunk you and might unravel your plans.

A side benefit of this is that the first theory you'll be publishing will seem to have no relation with the kind of potions you've combined early and opponents may/will not be able to deduce much of anything from it.

Attempting this later in the game is way too risky but at the beginning when everyone has very little information... devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
DStroke wrote:

No. There's no way to debunk a correct theory.

Wrong
There's no way to remove a seal from a correct theory
but U can debunk a correct theory by creating a conflict on purpose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DStroke wrote:

How is it possible to republish a right descision to get 5 points at the end?

U can't but keep in mind that if U publish early probably U get the top Alchemist Award and also get the chance to get a Grants that give U points and money, money that U spend on a shiny new artifact

Read what Paul Grogan say about publish earlier here https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1339621/first-game-thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
What is true is true and will never be false.

only if U use Apprentice Debunking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.