Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just told about this game and have found very little on it.

I was expecting that something with a marvel theme would be much more popular, but this game seems to be just quietly lurking in the shadows.

Does anyone have any info on popularity? Future plans? Game play fun etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kretz
United States
Kouts
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
The minis are nice....but expensive. Also, being metal, they require pins, which a LOT of people don't want to bother with.

I bought a couple (to paint), and they're REALLY GOOD miniatures. The rules look like "standard skirmish game X" with a Marvel theme pasted over the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kretz
United States
Kouts
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. Miniature games are EXPENSIVE. I may get into this if the X-Men are released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Campbell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
At my local store this game is one of the up and comers. We've built a healthy player group quite quickly from an initial core group of 3 people. The game looks great on the table. The characters are familiar to everyone and draw attention and bring out stories. The game is an attention magnet.

I think the lack of marketing is due to it being made by a small european company. They just recently got their US distribution running smoothly. They dont seem to have an official English speaking representative or marketing person.

Price. The minis cost a little more than Guild Ball minis, the other game I play. You can get much cheaper minis but then you are usually sacrificing sculpt quality/beauty. Also this is Marvel. If these characters are meaningful to you then I'm sure you're gonna get the few extra dollars in value from the joy of just looking at them on your shelf. I do. My Dark Avengers are looking at me from the top of my keyboard right now. They keep me in line.

Pinning. I have all of the avengers (good and bad), all of the guardians, and some of the xmen. I have pinned only Hulkbuster. They models have sufficient contact patches (if you sand/file them a bit) that with a quality glue they hold together very well. I am not precious with my models. I play with them a lot. I dont have a nice foam bag. My models get dropped and knocked over on the table. They are all still in great shape. To be fair I'm a miniatures noob. I dont have 10 year old minis. If mine eventually break I'll fix them or kick myself.

Community: There is a very active facebook group. Knight Models SuperHeroes Universe. Stop by and you'll find a vibrant and friendly community.

Heroclix. I think you cant really understand this games relative success without acknowledging heroclix. If you just want to play with your favorite superheros you can buy clix. It has much more market penetration. It can be much easier to find players. Clix is dead at my store though. The population at my flgs is mostly people who LOVE their minis. They want them to be beautiful. Clix aint that. Even with the Marvel appeal I dont think this game will be a mass market hit. Its still a build and paint miniatures game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the insight.
I used to love Heroclix when they first came out. Haven't played in years.

I was hoping for a marvel skirmish miniature game to come out ever since then.
Can you speak to the quality/fun of the actual game itself?

And are you saying they allready do have Xmen available? I didn't see any listing for them on this page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
Thanks for the insight.

And are you saying they allready do have Xmen available? I didn't see any listing for them on this page.

Here you go:
http://knightmodels-store.com/epages/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
János Lacza
Hungary
Ballószög
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
Thanks for the insight.

I have uploaded all releases to bgg already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for showing me!

I will keep it on my radar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.