Grifters» Forums » General

Subject: So.. The retail version is not the 1st Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bought a copy and cannot find the upgraded tableau makes me very very sad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not a 1st edition thing. It is a Kickstarter edition thing. Many IB&C have a blinged out KS edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"The Grifters (1st Ed) was first released via Kickstarter with the following backer exclusives:"

This sentence confuses me then. : /
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
As a special reward for our early adopters, all the games sent as rewards to backers of this project will include promo items that won't be included in the retail release of the game.

Quote:
Each copy of Grifters backed on this project will feature upgraded player tableaus. A thick chipboard tableau with linen finish will replace the cardstock tableaus found in the base game. This is a nice extra touch to show everyone that you supported this great new game from the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ronnyay wrote:
"The Grifters (1st Ed) was first released via Kickstarter with the following backer exclusives:"

This sentence confuses me then. : /

I can see why this confuses you, it's a complicated sentence.

It's saying two things.

1. The 1st edition was released via Kickstarter
2. Kickstarter backers received the following exclusives

It does not say that the first edition is KS exclusive, nor that the exclusives are part of 1st edition.

FWIW, IB&C has always had trouble with communication, but I don't think they were trying to be intentionally misleading here. It's just unfortunately worded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.