Subject: Any info on GMT Winter Sale? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert M

Hawaii
msg tools
Arkham Horror
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping it comes soon so I can get my Secret Santa a few things with my discount. Any idea on the date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mate, you got it wrong. Santa is supposed to get YOU presents, not the other way around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Le Rouzes
Canada
Montreal
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the October 20th update, its supposed to be sometime in November, when their new system is up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Martial Solal - Bluesine || Balade du 10 Mars || Just Friends || In & Out
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I see threads like this one pop up asking for info about GMT's plans, I always wonder why the people who are interested don't simply subscribe to the GMT newsletter. It's an easy way to keep up on all of that, and unlike with some publishers it doesn't result in a non-stop series of spam emails, just regular comprehensive updates on everything GMT has in the works.

[edit]
theflax wrote:
From the October 20th update, its supposed to be sometime in November, when their new system is up.

Perfect example; theflax knows what's happening because he got the email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M

Hawaii
msg tools
Arkham Horror
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the gmt newsletter every month. I read it last month that it will be in November, I know they wanted to test their new system. I even went on the GMT website before I asked hoping to see an updated newsletter for this month. Maybe I should've been more specific, and asked about any NEW information on an actual date. I'm so sorry that I gave you the impression that I'm just a bum who is too lazy to actually look up any info on my own. Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that P500 games to the UK were shipping via an in-country distributor, does anyone know if they do that for direct orders as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firerock470 wrote:
I read the gmt newsletter every month. I read it last month that it will be in November, I know they wanted to test their new system. I even went on the GMT website before I asked hoping to see an updated newsletter for this month. Maybe I should've been more specific, and asked about any NEW information on an actual date. I'm so sorry that I gave you the impression that I'm just a bum who is too lazy to actually look up any info on my own. Thanks for the help.
Someone asked the same thing on Consimworld the other day but the question was lost among an ongoing debate over GMT's p500 shipping. There has been no response there yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Molon Labe wrote:
Firerock470 wrote:
Someone asked the same thing on Consimworld the other day but the question was lost among an ongoing debate over GMT's p500 shipping. There has been no response there yet.

That was all you needed to say...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
Molon Labe wrote:
Firerock470 wrote:

It's happening via secondchancegames.com, but it seems a bit up in the air still:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24177293#24177293

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gene just posted on CSW that the November update is coming out this Friday. Perhaps there will be sale info then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
p38_Lightning wrote:
Gene just posted on CSW that the November update is coming out this Friday. Perhaps there will be sale info then.

I hope not. The last thing my bank account needs is a GMT sale. My shelf on the other hand will always welcome more games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Dickerson
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
p38_Lightning wrote:

Time to start the stretching exercises for my trigger finger......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Officer Spock
msg tools
Firerock470 wrote:

It's not you, you posed a great question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim RTC wrote:
I read that P500 games to the UK were shipping via an in-country distributor, does anyone know if they do that for direct orders as well?

Just the P500s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
Via Consimworld....

GMT Fall Sale postponed: Will very likely be a Winter sale in January 2017.

(cue wails of lament, hand wringing, pulling hair out)

(also: don't shoot the messenger)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bobby Factor wrote:
Via Consimworld....

GMT Fall Sale postponed: Will very likely be a Winter sale in January 2017.

(cue wails of lament, hand wringing, pulling hair out)

(also: don't shoot the messenger)

I'm actually okay with this.

I still got stuff in shrink that I have t played yet, it won't cut into my holiday spending, plus a January sale is a nice thing to help offset Seasonal Affective Disorder...a bright spot in an otherwise dreary month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Molon Labe wrote:
Firerock470 wrote:

That was all you needed to say...

... yet that's where the answer was first published.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Im ok with the delay into the new year, I have a couple of games I'd like to grab, but we're encroaching on xmas spending so the delay will make getting new games less painful. My pre-xmas personal spending will now be aimed at brewing equipment to build the stockpile for the new games in Feb!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Erwin
United States
Tioga
Texas
flag msg tools
Anyone heard an update on when the Winter Sale might be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Petersen
Denmark
Svendborg
flag msg tools
The bigger the problem, the bigger a hammer you'll need!
mbmbmbmbmb
erwindougs wrote:

They've said in January, but I can't remember where I've read it.

EDIT - Found it: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/GMT-Update--November-18--...

Quote:
Fall Sale Moved to January. So the only really important functional news that this delay brings is that there is really NO WAY we can do a yearly mass sale with our existing systems, so we're going to have to wait on that until the new systems go live. So at this point it looks like it will be the "January Sale" this year instead of the "October Sale. " Don't worry, though; we'll still make sure there are great discounts and that our P500 customers are taken care of with their 50% off for past P500 orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
StormP wrote:
erwindougs wrote:

They've said in January, but I can't remember where I've read it.

EDIT - Found it: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/GMT-Update--November-18--...

Quote:
Fall Sale Moved to January. So the only really important functional news that this delay brings is that there is really NO WAY we can do a yearly mass sale with our existing systems, so we're going to have to wait on that until the new systems go live. So at this point it looks like it will be the "January Sale" this year instead of the "October Sale. " Don't worry, though; we'll still make sure there are great discounts and that our P500 customers are taken care of with their 50% off for past P500 orders.

Adding to that, this is from the latest update, sent this past Tuesday:

Quote:
Work continues on our new systems, but we're still at least a month away, in my judgement. We're still working on the custom programming for all the P500 functionality, as well as getting the back-end shipping details all implemented. We've made progress, but not as quickly as we'd hoped. I'll get you more up-to-date info in the January update.

Link to the entire update:
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/GMT-Update--December-27--...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Erwin
United States
Tioga
Texas
flag msg tools
January 5th...when's the sale start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.