South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
The Faction Reference Card says:
Quote:
When the attack ends, any surviving units in the attacked Shadow Army must retreat to an adjacent region. The Army of the Dead may then advance into the now empty region (without removing one Dead Men figure).

Then can the SP remain Minions and/or Nazgûl from the attacked Shadow Army in the region attacked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Per the rules on retreating, the entire Army must retreat. This includes any Characters and/or Leaders in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks, Kevin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Krieghund wrote:
No. Per the rules on retreating, the entire Army must retreat. This includes any Characters and/or Leaders in it.

I found it on the rules:
Quote:
When the attack ends, any surviving units in the attacked Shadow Army must retreat together to an adjacent region — different from the one the attack comes from — following the normal rules for retreat. If the Shadow Army cannot retreat (because it is under siege, or there is no available region) it does not.

Any Minions or Nazgûl in the retreating Army may remain with it or be left behind, at the Shadow player’s discretion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Subs
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd seen this exception myself a while back and wondered about it. I came to the conclusion that since the mobile Minions are undead themselves (WK + Nazgûl) or have sorcerous abilities (Mouth, Gothmog, Balrog) they are not intimidated by the Dead Men.

However, also on p.14 it's worth noting the that "If the attack eliminates all units in the Shadow Army, any Nazgûl or Minions with that Army are also eliminated", so:

- Shadow Army eliminated: Minions + Nazgûl also eliminated.
- Shadow Army retreat: Minions + Nazgûl may stay behind if they want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I forgot about that exception. Sorry. modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.