Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Player helper app rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Larsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I did this http://imgur.com/a/CZoDi

I would love to hear what you think of this, if you have any suggestions, or if I'm violating the holy grail of analogue vs digital debate. There has been absolutely no commercial consideration gone into this, it is merely a personal hobby project.

The app has 4 primary features;

- a history of played cards.
- automatic production fase.
- useful little buy card button. (minus 3 gold, if available)
- and of course, play a card.

The purpose of the app is to, hopefully, provide a useful alternate choice for the only lacking element of the Terraforming Mars boardgame, the player board. It has to be noted though, that I absolutely love this game regardless of the player board <3 which is why I made this. Currently only supports iOS, not added to the app-store as this is only intended for personal use, until enough interest occurs. (By the approval and grace of Jacob Fryxelius)

This app does not aim to digitalize the game-components at all as it is my belief that it would subtract from the social atmosphere of playing the game. It is purely a tool that might aid resource and transaction management, while trying to maintain as much of the feel of the original design as possible.

Considered extensions are image recognition of cards, to skip the input of changing values.

Tell me what you think! Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it seems like a good idea but I see no link to the app itself, just to a blog post about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brandt
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
The path of least resistance is often paved with food.
badge
"The Empire does what is necessary. I am told that razing is an expensive venture. The Empire is smart enough to save where it is able."
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe he is working on it currently. That said, while this is a good idea, it seems like it would be much harder to get a peek at everyone's screens than it is to just look at the player boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Larsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Yeah, case in point. I guess it is hard to get feedback without throwing the product out there. Currently I'm disregarding the appstore for obvious legal issues, I don't want to step on anyones toes.
However, if I had your iOS UDID number, I could add your phone/iPad to the test devices and throw you a link for app download.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.