$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Anniversary Edition - LoME/WoME? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you who've preordered the Anniversary Edition, what are your plans for incorporating the expansions? Are you going to buy regular second edition copies? (Are they even compatible with the AE?)

Or are you going to wait until AE versions with painted minis are (maybe) produced someday?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmb
I already purchased LOME a year ago in anticipation of this and have WOME now. I previously painted LOME when I painted my Battle of the 5 Armies. I will have to paint the WOME but am waiting until the AE arrives so I can compare paint qualities. Since I already painted the LOME, I figure it will not match with the AE, but I am willing to let that slide.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a limited edition of LoME with painted minis. It's quite possible that there will be a limited edition of WoME.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Painting is fun. I ordered the AE map/book bundle. All base/BotTA/LOME/WOME models already painted.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'll wait for the full painted set.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hardin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas M wrote:
There is a limited edition of LoME with painted minis.


Which I own

Nicholas M wrote:
It's quite possible that there will be a limited edition of WoME.


Which I will definitely buy if and when it is released
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Overwood wrote:
I think I'll wait for the full painted set.


This is sort of my instinct too, but Lords of Middle-Earth is a fantastic expansion and I'll miss playing with it. I hear Warriors is just as good.

Decisions, decisions...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ajpl wrote:
Frank Overwood wrote:
I think I'll wait for the full painted set.


This is sort of my instinct too, but Lords of Middle-Earth is a fantastic expansion and I'll miss playing with it. I hear Warriors is just as good.

Decisions, decisions...

Yes, at this point, I feel as though I still have a lot more play I can get out of the base game before I need the expansion. If/when that changes, I suppose I'll go ahead and get LoME,painted or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
I plan to wait for all the expansions to be released as a complete painted set to go with my AE.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmb
Solution: Buy now. Play. Sell later and buy painted limited edition if they produce it.

There is no guarantee that these expansions will be available as limited editions or a full set in the future so strike while the iron is hot. The expansions will not lose much value anyway as you can surely sell when they are out of print, which happens quite frequently.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
ajpl wrote:
(Are they even compatible?)

WoME was playtested both on its own and with LoME (see session report here). They are fully compatible with 2nd edition and with 1st edition owners who have the upgrade kit (tarot-sized, updated Event cards).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafamir wrote:
ajpl wrote:
(Are they even compatible?)

WoME was playtested both on its own and with LoME (see session report here). They are fully compatible with 2nd edition and with 1st edition owners who have the upgrade kit (tarot-sized, updated Event cards).


I meant "are they compatible with the AE". In other words, do the regular second edition expansions have components that match with the AE components?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ajpl wrote:
Rafamir wrote:
ajpl wrote:
(Are they even compatible?)

WoME was playtested both on its own and with LoME (see session report here). They are fully compatible with 2nd edition and with 1st edition owners who have the upgrade kit (tarot-sized, updated Event cards).


I meant "are they compatible with the AE". In other words, do the regular second edition expansions have components that match with the AE components?


They are fully compatible. The only difference will be painted vs. non-painted miniatures.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
What sax11 said. AE is 2nd edition with chrome. LoME includes larger Smeagol hunt tiles for use with Collectors Edition and now the AE as well. WoME does not introduce any new Hunt tiles, so there were no compatibility issues to account for.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
AE will use regular sized tiles.
AE FAQ wrote:
Counters and cards will be the same as those included in War of the Ring 2nd Edition, to ensure full compatibility with the regular version of War of the Ring 2nd Edition and its expansions (Lords of Middle-earth regular and limited edition; the upcoming Warriors of Middle-earth).

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1438759/anniversary-edition...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.