Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the main strategies of Growth / Blood / Balance

MOLAC: MO-what? MOLAC, or the short way to say Might of Leaf and Claw. Growth has a way to produce alot of units with all the pandas and Argagar. But the wisp have 0 attack and that doesnt count for MOLAC you would be tempted to say. Yeah, but not only Growth has multiple ways to give attack to these wisps, having the Blood hero midband make the wisps get 1 ATK when they attack. So you can quickly get +5/+5 on all your units and suddenly that army of wisps is pretty scary.

Stop hitting yourself: If your opponent has units that have equal or higher ATK than HP, going for Kidnapping can make you get so much tempo, you won't believe it. You kidnap one of their unit and crash it into another unit, most likely killing both of them. This cost you 4 gold, but the 2 units that you killed most likely costed the same amount or much more.

Bling Bling: The many way to make gold outside of workers is amazing with these specs. This allow you to get a huge advantage because you can easily max your heroes or build tech building without having a weak play the turn you do it. This also counter opponent if they go for a worker trashing strategy or simply a Slow-Time Generator. Galina Glimmer with the amount of wisp you can produce will ensure you get 2-3 extra gold per turn. Add Gemscout Owl to that and it get crazy. The considered useless Rickety Mine will give you at least a 1 gold benefit, but if you are lucky, could get 4 extra (50% chance), maybe 7 (25% chance), perhaps 10 (12% chance) or even 13 ( 6% chance, so at this point, buy a loto, you are way too lucky)!

Rush: Strategies above are kinda slow. So if you need to beat your opponent fast, if they have no flying units to patrol, rushing them with Shoddy Glidder combined with Dinosize gives amazing results.

The three specs all have their roll and they combine very well among themselves. Growth gives the bodies. Blood gives the speed. Balance gives the control.

The strength of the deck is that it can answer pretty much anything opponent throws at you and the various different strategies make it hard for opponent to guess which one you will head to and trying to counter one when you went for another could be disastrous for him.

The main weakness of the deck is the lack of card draw. But being able to put a wisp in the Technician slot help with that and Surplus most likely will be your favorite add-on.

I hope this was helpful and might give you some ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...huh.

Shoddy Glider + Dinosize is pretty silly! surprise That's why multicolor penalties exist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vash TheStampede
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sounds very fun and scary.
What if you replace Balance for Necromancy. You will get even more units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MVashM wrote:
Sounds very fun and scary.
What if you replace Balance for Necromancy. You will get even more units.

It makes the deck much more agressive, but you lose the control part. If you want to be agressive, Blood already gives you the tools, so it is a bit overkill in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, really niche thing I realized you can do: Kidnapping on an enemy's green unit, then Circle of Life it into a unit for yourself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Also, really niche thing I realized you can do: Kidnapping on an enemy's green unit, then Circle of Life it into a unit for yourself!

Nasty... I will have to remember this.

If you can make it kill something and survive, than Circle of Live it, that's such much tempo and gold saving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.