United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
HeathCon Fall 2017 Oct 20th - 22nd
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 11 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this expansion include a set of plastic Starbases? For players with the original set in the base game, it would be unfortunate if there were no Cardassian or Ferengi bases in these expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far haven't heard anything about it. Preorder deals tend to be only for the initial launch or a product and is usually done to spend the remaining budget. It is very rare that a expansion would have a similar deal. As for Cardassian and Ferengi Star Bases of course there will be but it would be the same picture as on the star base tokens for the starting 3.

That being said I would say it would be nice to have a Nor (Deep Space 9) Star Base or a Ferengi Trading Post plastic miniatures to go with the three we have. If they are not being provided by GF9 maybe Shapeways would take some special orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been talk that if the prototypes sold well, GF9 would make plastic Star Bases in the faction colors. Nothing has been stated yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an Update, but GF9 is selling all the star bases in packs of 3 along with the escalation packages for all races. I think it is $12 US for a pack of 3 for a single race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo My FLGS has the Escalation Packs, but not the Star Bases. Are they plastic or resin? Are they only being sold direct from GF9?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Cohen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Marinealver wrote:
Just an Update, but GF9 is selling all the star bases in packs of 3 along with the escalation packages for all races. I think it is $12 US for a pack of 3 for a single race.

Such a deal. 15 plastic starbases for the low low price of $60 plus shipping. Or basically what you'd spend at Coolstuff for the base game. Can you feel the GF9 love yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not knowing how many of the "secondary product" Star Bases they are making, I've just preordered those of the two expansion races directly from GF9--even though I'm going to patronize my FLGS by getting the Borg expansion itself there!

Uncolored resin pieces still feel like prototypes to me, and I don't know that they'll be made in sufficient quantity until they appear in colored plastic down the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.