GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,170 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

The Walking Dead: All Out War» Forums » Rules

Subject: A question on Prone Walkers and Survivers and Fire. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Garcia
msg tools
So do prone Walkers who are in contact (despite having the model laid down) also prevent Loot from being Searched?

Second, can prone survivors move or must they stand up to do so?

Also, can the Molotov affect Survivors? If so, how? Seems the rules for being on Fire discuss only Walkers as targets.

Thanks

Edit: check the last part; just found where it says survivors aren't affected by fire. Too bad; last night someone threw a molotov at the Grimes kid and we house ruled it to where he eventually succumbed to the flames. Guess that didn't happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Garcia
msg tools
Going to play again this week. Any help for these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Alder
United Kingdom

Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm not sure about number 1 but I've been playing the game that you can't search a supply token if a walker is in contact, whether standing or prone. Others opinions would be welcome.

Re 2, a survivor can move when prone but only at a sneak distance of 4 inches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Garcia
msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply! Is the second answer also a house rule, or is there an actual location in the rulebook where it states the sneak limitation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Alder
United Kingdom

Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its not a house rule but I'm not sure of the exact page as don't have rules with me. Check under the section for prone figures. I'll check when I'm back at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Felts
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
garcia5156 wrote:

Also, can the Molotov affect Survivors? If so, how? Seems the rules for being on Fire discuss only Walkers as targets.

Thanks

Edit: check the last part; just found where it says survivors aren't affected by fire. Too bad; last night someone threw a molotov at the Grimes kid and we house ruled it to where he eventually succumbed to the flames. Guess that didn't happen!

Survivors can still be hurt by the Molotov though, correct? I believe it adds two red dice to ranged attack (don't have the card in front of me right now). So the attackers ranged dice + two red dice against the survivors defense dice...could still be pretty damaging. They just won't catch fire.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Alder
United Kingdom

Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Tim,

This is exactly how I would interpret the Molotov attack to occur. It provides a nice boost to the number of ranged dice but it is a one use weapon. Any survivor lucky enough to live through it just won't be left moving around as a screaming fireball of madness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Garcia
msg tools
It's game night tonight at the house. Thanks for al the help folks. Any word on the place in the rulebook detailing Prone Movement? Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Felts
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
garcia5156 wrote:
It's game night tonight at the house. Thanks for al the help folks. Any word on the place in the rulebook detailing Prone Movement? Thanks again!

Page 11) Prone Models - A prone Survivor can only perform Move (but only at a sneak) or Stand Up Actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Garcia
msg tools
Thanks a bunch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.