2 Posts

Kriegsspiel» Forums » General

Subject: Period Kriegsspiel Maps? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marshall T
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey, I've noticed that people are looking for period maps to use for Kriegsspiel. It just occurred to me that our Pub Battles are very similar. They aren't scaled for Kriegspiel but they could be....

Is there any interest in this? If there is, we could start making Civil War, Napoleonic and American Revolution maps like this.

The canvas is really cool. In fact, I bet they would work really well for Kriegsspiel. The pieces tend to 'stick' better to the canvas surface. This makes them less susceptible to sliding around when getting bumped.

Would could offer a cheaper version in paper too I suppose.

What do you guys think?

Marshall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sterrett
United States
Kansas City [Platte City]
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interest might well be there. (I'm intrigued.)

Keep in mind that the trick in making Kriegsspiel maps is that you need a lot of them, affordably... because you need one for the umpire and another one for each player. Three is the absolute minimum.

In a perfect world it's also useful to have them in sections so you can choose the areas that are relevant to the scenario and keep table space consumption under control. Folding a cloth map might work well there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.