Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Adolphs
Germany
Luebeck
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
Hi,

I'm wondering about the quality of the board in 2016's new Blood Bowl edition. Would you recommend getting a mat instead and if so is there one you can recommend?

Cheers,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
fooforge wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering about the quality of the board in 2016's new Blood Bowl edition. Would you recommend getting a mat instead and if so is there one you can recommend?

Cheers,
Mike

Reports are that the board is good quality. It's also double-sided.

There is no guarantee a third-party mat would be compatible with the new range rulers and miniatures (everything is a bit larger than in previous editions).

Furthermore, I believe GW has it's own plans for the future regarding alternative surfaces. (They have just started to release gaming mats for their other product lines.)

I would wait and see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adolphs
Germany
Luebeck
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
fooforge wrote:
Hi,

Cheers,
Mike

There is no guarantee a third-party mat would be compatible with the new range rulers and miniatures (everything is a bit larger than in previous editions).

Furthermore, I believe GW has it's own plans for the future regarding alternative surfaces. (They have just started to release gaming mats for their other product lines.)

I would wait and see.

Perfect, that's exactly the type of response I was hoping for. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I played on a demo copy on Monday night. The component quality of this edition is very high. The board is a mounted piece, instead of just the thin cardboard of previous editions. You don't need a gaming mat. Just play on the board.

Also: The other components are very well done. The models are beautiful sculpts, and the game accessories have a lovely tactile composition. They're full of character.

I was being taught the game, and so I didn't much review the rules. I'll have to sit down with my copy and read the rulebook when it arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
fooforge wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
fooforge wrote:
Hi,

Cheers,
Mike

I would wait and see.

Perfect, that's exactly the type of response I was hoping for. Thank you!

No problem.

I knew I remembered reading a rumour, and I just looked it up. According to the NAF website:

"There will be new pitches, possibly even in neoprene (mouse mat material). The plan is to release racial pitches to tie in with all the teams. Also, there is a hidden Easter Egg present on all pitches which in due course might give a hint to potential new DungeonBowl league rules still in the planning stages."

(source... http://www.thenaf.net/2016/05/warhammerfest-roundup/)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The boards have trapdoors on them for ambush rules and dungeon entrances.

This was mentioned in the official GW unboxing video.

The two writer/designers also mentioned that there are at least two more decks of Event/Special Play cards coming and that the player boards have a sideline area for apothecaries, wizards, and cheerleaders.

GW is going to be releasing tons of stuff for this game....your wallet will beg for mercy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend Deepcutstudio.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.