Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wilkins
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
My Sea Hag got Sea Hagged... might as well drink my own piss
mbmbmbmbmb
We are getting ready to start our Seafall campaign. I've read through the rulebook and FAQ and just have a few questions for the community...

How do goods get into your province warehouse? Since the warehouse is marked with a market that can sell all goods and goods are discarded when they are sold, how do goods ever end up just sitting in the warehouse?

If I raid a dock, do I get an upgrade worth 10 gold and the normal glory that coming with gaining a ship upgrade? The rulebook says gain glory "as usual" so I am assuming that you get both. This would mean that you gained a glory through a successful endeavor and another glory for getting the ship upgrade in this scenario.

Lastly, what are defending ships? Are they just the ships of other players in the same tile that you are performing a raid action in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
andwilk9176 wrote:
We are getting ready to start our Seafall campaign. I've read through the rulebook and FAQ and just have a few questions for the community...

How do goods get into your province warehouse? Since the warehouse is marked with a market that can sell all goods and goods are discarded when they are sold, how do goods ever end up just sitting in the warehouse?

Goods can move from your ship to your warehouse whenever you begin or end a sail action (in the same region). You can only sell goods if you take a sell action with the merchants guild. The base sell action allows you to sell 2 blocks.

Quote:
If I raid a dock, do I get an upgrade worth 10 gold and the normal glory that coming with gaining a ship upgrade? The rulebook says gain glory "as usual" so I am assuming that you get both. This would mean that you gained a glory through a successful endeavor and another glory for getting the ship upgrade in this scenario.

Yes.

Quote:
Lastly, what are defending ships? Are they just the ships of other players in the same tile that you are performing a raid action in?

In the base rules, if someone is raiding an area you control (which is only your home province), your ships count as support ships if they are in the region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any time one of your ships ends (or starts) its movement in your province region, you can transfer goods between that ship and your warehouse.

Yes, you get the glory for both.

Defending ships are specifically ships belonging to the defending player in a region you are attacking. If you are attacking an island, other players' ships do not defend it. If you are attacking another player's province (or, later, anything else they control) their ships in the region will act as defenders, reducing the attacker's dice pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
Any time one of your ships ends (or starts) its movement in your province region, you can transfer goods between that ship and your warehouse.

also about to start this game too. can you only transfer to warehouse in your home province? what about if both your ships are at an island together? i see in the rules it says "a region you control" - i presume that's probably worded that way as for later in the game you may control other regions perhaps? don;t want to know anything specifically, but yeah prologue and 1st game etc is just province where you can transfer to warehouse? oh and i suppose you only need one ship to transfer to warehouse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clownfeet wrote:
lactamaeon wrote:

also about to start this game too. can you only transfer to warehouse in your home province? what about if both your ships are at an island together? i see in the rules it says "a region you control" - i presume that's probably worded that way as for later in the game you may control other regions perhaps? don;t want to know anything specifically, but yeah prologue and 1st game etc is just province where you can transfer to warehouse? oh and i suppose you only need one ship to transfer to warehouse?

You can transfer between your two ships if they're at a land space (any island or any home province) together. In one of the preview articles on Plaid Hat's website, Rob Daviau gave the example of having two ships at different islands, moving one ship to the other, transferring its goods across, and then moving that second ship to your province as part of a single Sail action, allowing you to move your goods that much faster.

Your province board warehouse is the only other place you can have goods at the start of the game, and goods can enter or leave there from/to a ship in your province space at the start or end of that ship movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.