Evan Dorn
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
End Racism
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a vegetarian who needs to eat low-ish carb for health reasons. I've survived in all years past by:
1) eating the restaurant's black bean veg burger at least once a day, without a bun.
2) getting a mini-fridge and stocking it with cheese, carrots and other healthy snacks from Target.

This year the hotel has removed the veg burger from their menu* and they didn't give me a mini fridge, though I requested one many months ago in my reservation. Without a mini fridge, there are very few healthy foods I can keep around.

I'm seriously worried about either starving or being forced to eat unhealthy things that are a medical risk for me.

Any ideas? Anyone else in the same boat?

* keeping only their portobello burger, which I can't stand. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelley W

Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an ice chest you can borrow, if that will help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People ate cheese and carrots without refrigeration for centuries.

But also, Target sells coolers along with foodstuffs, and hotels have ice machines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring a bunch of food in your luggage, if you can. There's plenty of stuff that will keep outside of a fridge: fruit, peanut butter, whisky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.