5 Posts

Darkrock Ventures» Forums » Rules

Subject: Majong Mine & Craft - When do they gain a 3rd die? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cluny McPherson
msg tools
Query:

When a player Corporate-Sponsored with the Majong Mine & Craft company begins with 2 x Rig-Dice:

When do they have a 3rd Rig die? Is it when they are at or over $10 on the Credits Track, or when they are at or over $20 on the Credits Track?

I can find no solution in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In times of strength, prepare for times of weakness.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. Whenever a Corport Sponsor card allows a player to start with a second die, they can never lose that die. However, they do not gain a third die until they reach the normal threshold of 20 credits. I.e. - when they get to 10 credits, there is no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vaterlaus
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
"JoJo left his home in Tucson, Arizona"
mbmbmbmbmb
We ran into this over the weekend at bggcon, too. I thought it should be at 20, but the person playing wanted to get it at 10. we let her get it there.

My rationale was that it unlocks X dice at the level, so it isn't that it unlocks "the next die" but that at 10, you unlock a second die, and at 20, you unlock the 3rd. In this interpretation, it would be at 20, because that is when you unlock the third die.

Otherwise, one could argue that if you got to 10, unlocked the "next" die, then lost (spent) money to go below 10, and then get to 10 again and unlock the "next" die, getting you to 3 via rule bending.

So I think it should be 20, but I'll let Michael, the designer, chime in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In times of strength, prepare for times of weakness.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just confirmed with ACE and Ian (developer and publisher) that it is 20. There was a formula used to balance the different starting values when the Corporate Sponsors were created. The benefit of having 2 dice below the 10-credit threshold is pretty big, so having that jump to 3 dice at the 10-credit threshold would be too powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vaterlaus
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
"JoJo left his home in Tucson, Arizona"
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for checking mr. eskue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.