Subject: BSG 571 - Dance with fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Once upon a time, there was this guy named mawkee..
badge
Hey, what are you trying to do??!
mbmbmbmbmb
6 Player Pegasus game to New Caprica

Hello! This is the one game of a series of 5 games I'm opening up.
Some rules will be pre-defined, others can be voted.

Further options and clarifications:
- The expansions we'll use on this game will be discussed / voted
- The Quorum will be limited to 10 cards
- CFB/CAC will be voted, if using Exodus
- Conflicted Loyalties will be voted, if using Exodus
- Cain will jump to the first non-scouted destination (the scouted destinations will be buried), if using Pegasus
- Cylon Leaders are allowed, if using Pegasus and/or Daybreak
- Destination will be voted

This game preamble is based on GerryRailBaron/fizzmore works. So thank you guys for all the hard work! It surely helps a lot

If you find out I made any mistakes, don't hesitate to tell me!

The following rules apply:

d10-1 You must subscribe to this thread. I prefer to play fast games whenever possible. You have to check at least once a day. More, if you have the time. I'm on GMT-3, and I will probably have access all through the day and a few hours during the night, during weekdays. During weekends I will update the game once or twice a day. If you have to leave for a period of time, no problems, life happens! Just don't let us hanging and notify us that you will be away for a few days.

d10-2 All players must have their own copies of the game as I am only going to publish card titles (this is an FFG request).

d10-3 Private communication will be by geekmail between me and particular players, all other communication will be by posting in this thread.

d10-4 Start your geekmail subject line with "BSG 571 - " and your character name.

d10-5 Send me COs whenever possible. COs are only valid when sent through geekmail (COs on the forum thread will be ignored).

d10-6 Please use the following posting conventions:
* Normal text for discussions.
* Italics for flavor texts.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread or I receive them in geekmail.

If using a smart phone or other digital device that makes the above difficult, then please start with the line:

Bold: Name

d10-7 Make clear in each post who your character is by posting a banner or other character image at the top of your post. Great banners are available at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/42419/item/1018128?com... (use the "medium" option to display them). If you find using a banner is too much of a hassle (or you are on your phone), at least list your character name at the top of your post.

============================================================

Standing Assumptions for Interrupts:

d10-1 Pass on any you don't have, but don't tell the thread until almost finished to hide the fact you haven't got it.

d10-2 Strategic Planning:
- Pass on Launch Scout if there are 2 or more Raptors.
- Pass on Cylon Attacks, Actions, etc.
- Pass on Viper Attacks vs Raiders & Basestars

d10-3 Evasive Maneuver:
Pass on EVERY use unless:
- YOU are in the viper being hit
- the viper is shielding a civilian from IMMEDIATE attack
- a viper is about to be destroyed (not damaged)

d10-4 Declare Emergency:
- Pass if you are the Target of Admiral's Quarters or Airlock
- Pass if you played skill cards against the check

Multiple offers may mean that current player will decide which one to use.

Or better: Get those Standing CO's in!

============================================================

Tanking skill checks:

When calling for interrupts on a skill check, you may also respond with "TANK" instead of pass. "TANK" means:

- I pass on playing interrupts
AND
- I want to pass on playing into the check if everyone else also tanks

Note that if you want, you can give me a private CO to play into a check even if you publicly state "TANK". If you do so and everyone else tanks, I'll stop the skill check right after you've played into the check and we'll continue manually from there.

Most important of all, have fun! If you're not having fun, you may be replaced. Yeah, that's a rule! :-P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Further clarification: if you agree to join this game you'll still have the chance to left with no prejudice whatsoever on the waiting list, after the voting is done, if you don't like the final result

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the players on this game are:

PredicateD
lolcese
Asahi
Mad Geologist
stever777
Kolmogorv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Im´m in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THN Wraith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mawkee wrote:

Most important of all, have fun! If you're not having fun, you may be replaced. Yeah, that's a rule! :-P

Wow, harsh rules!

I'm in though.

In terms of the options I'm fairly laid back about most things so I'll happily go with the majority but I'll list my preferences anyway:

Expansions: I'd prefer all expansions (just so I don't have to try and remember which skill cards we do or don't have available )
CFB/CAC: If we include Exodus I'd prefer the CFB but if we don't have Exodus I'd prefer CAC's
Conflicted Loyalties: I've never had a chance to use these so I'd be interested in trying them out.
Destination: I'd prefer not to use Kobol but any of the others would be fine. I've never tried NC and only tried IN once so I'd slightly prefer either of those over Earth.
Cylon Leader: I generally prefer having a Cylon Leader with Daybreak motives in a six player game but if no-one chooses one I'd prefer the mutineer mechanic over the other options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Scott
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in here. I'll go with whatever here, though my other tenure as Cylon leader in the other PBF game looks to be about over. (Hi 554 mod.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric W
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm in.

I don't really have a preference for the expansions/destination/boards we use except that I don't own Daybreak (yet) so I can't rightfully play it even though I am familiar with the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hennessy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for something. No particular preference. If we end up needing someone to fill out he New Caprica game, I could switch to that game, but I will start here.

I don't know how Mawkee does it. I can't find time to run 1 game right now, and he decides to start 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lara bair
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed, if you switch I'll be #6 over here. Otherwise I think I'm left with 572.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For games 571 and 572 I think it's best if we decide in one large group and split in two groups based on preference

So far we have (just preferences, not "I would agree with...")

PredicateD - BPX (?)
THN - BPXD + XL + Anything but Kobol
lolcese - BP (but anything goes)
ed_hennessy - Anything goes
lara - BPXD + Ionian Nebula
Asahi - BPX
magi210 - Anything goes
KraZug - Ionian Nebula, with or w/o Daybreak
Mad Geologist - BPD or BD
stever777 - BP
Achilles93 - D (plus anything) no NC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lara/Ed, no need to switch games. I'm concentrating 571 and 572 here so we can split the players after we define each user's preferences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ed_hennessy wrote:
I'm in for something. No particular preference. If we end up needing someone to fill out he New Caprica game, I could switch to that game, but I will start here.

I don't know how Mawkee does it. I can't find time to run 1 game right now, and he decides to start 5.

Ed, I find that moderating 2 games or 5 is not a huge difference. I update the games several times per day during my "pomodoros" at work, it usually takes me less than 5 minutes to go through all the games and update them appropriately. When I need to do some larger things (for instance, the Crossroads, or an ally encounter, or handling an SoE, or huge space battles) I leave those games to update during the night. At the end of the day, updating 5-6 games takes me about 15-20 minutes at the most during the day. Cheap price to pay for a cool hobby :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Mawkee wrote:

lolcese - He likes me, so anything goes (hehe)

Yeah, sure! devil

I only know Pegasus, but I want to learn other modules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lara bair
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather not play NC. Only played IN once. Otherwise I don't really have a strong preference - I'm much less experienced than most folks so I just like playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lara bair
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked IN and would love the chance to play it again. It's totally confusing and great all at once. Felt the need to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korvin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
If a slot is still free and the ride is going with anything aside from Daybreak (I dont own it yet), I am happy to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome, Asahi

You have a seat! You and PredicateD both have P+X, so it's probable we'll do a game to accommodate you both (and whoever is OK with playing P+X) and another one for who prefers to play with Daybreak

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Pearce
England
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do fancy a game to IN, with or without Daybreak.

I'd really like to see a nerfed Political Prowess though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAD Geologist
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
I'm in. #554 is slowly grinding its way to a conclusion so I should be ok balancing the games.

My thoughts on type are as follows:

B+P+D ( I think thats right) I could take or leave pegasus but the reckless does add some fun stuff. It also give me CACs which I enjoy and would like to play.

That said I'll play it all really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KraZug wrote:
I do fancy a game to IN, with or without Daybreak.

I'd really like to see a nerfed Political Prowess though.

How would a nerfed PP work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Radtke
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be in for a BP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achilles93 Son of Peleus
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is still room I would to love to join. I would play any expac combo but would prefer to have Daybreak Cylon Leaders and no New Caprica, but if the majority prefer otherwise I will still play.

Thanks for invite!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're only 1 player away from wrapping up 571 and 572!

For the setups, I'm thinking:

Base + Pegasus to New Caprica (or Kobol?)
This would accommodate PredicateD, lolcese, Asahi, Mad Geologist, stever777 and 1 extra player

All expansions to Ionian Nebula
This one would accommodate THN, ed_hennessy, lara, magi210, KraZug and Achilles93

If you all agree with that, we can start 572 with the second set

Let me know ASAP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THN Wraith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Works for me. I'll head over to 572 now. To those remaining in 571, bon voyage and good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Radtke
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll stay right here.
Thanks for the hosting!

E - Maybe I can actually get a win... Damn Toasters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [36] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.