Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the following situation.

I had Leo De Luca (grants an additional action per turn) in play.

I have spent 2 actions (so 2 actions left).

I gain control of the ally Lita Chandler.

Leo De Luca gets discarded.

So, at this point I lose his ability to grant me an additional action.

Is this the same as "losing an action"? That one is defined in the Rules Reference.

Or could I, for example, use the additional action as one of my actions that happened before I lose him, so keep two of my regular actions left over?

I feel, that it should be the first (and that is how I played it, i.e. only 1 action left afterwards), but it is far from certain.

What do you think?

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a passive ability that no longer exists once you discard him. If you played another ally as your fourth action, that would be legal. Otherwise you immediately go back to three actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Manning
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have to follow the Grim Rule and assume that you lost the action and only have 1 action left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
I would treat Leo's additional action as a fourth action. Saying to myself "no, my 'free' action was the one I took at the start of my turn" reminds me of times I've tried to mentally justify spending rent money on video games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I interpret the rules, what he does is when the game checks to see if you have any actions remaining, instead of returning 'No' after three actions have been used, it returns 'Yes' which means you have a chance to take another action.

This means if he leaves play for any reason, that check, when it happens after your third action, will return 'No' and your turn will end.

So no, I don't believe you can use his granted additional action and 'bank' your others for after he left play. Once he is gone, the third action you use in your turn will be your last one.

It's also important to say that his text does not say "Grants an additional action per turn", it says "You may take an additional action per turn". This is important because it means that if he is not in play, you can't do that, so your turn ends at 3 actions as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"You may take an additional action during your turn."

Beginning of my turn, I have not used any actions yet, so I declare: "Now I use that additional action to do ...".

That would, essentially, be the "other" way it "could" work.

But all things considered, I think we are all in agreement, that it does not work like this.

Thank you!

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
- How many actions did you spend this turn?

- How many actions do you have for this turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Thanee wrote:
"Now I use that additional action to do ...".
I totally do that with the bonus Morale action in Merchants and Marauders. But then thats a triggered effect, not a permanent passive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:
- How many actions did you spend this turn?
- How many actions do you have for this turn?

Yes, that is how I read it as well. Just saying, that you can read it differently, also.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.