Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Full disclosure, I was part of the playtesting team. So, in a way, I helped make this the game that it is. And I love this game!)

Keep your environment clean or build an empire of energy. You can do both, but the balancing act is tough to accomplish. This is a game where you can't do everything, at least not well, but you can specialize in a few different areas.

You score points in several different ways. You start creating your Energy Empire by building structures from three different areas (Government, Industry and Commerce). You can build power plants in the form of dice. These dice generate energy for you, and they're worth points at the end of the game. Your nation has specific starting resources and a way to move up the United Nations track. There's a bit of a race to be the top nation as there can be only one, and the top nation scores a few more points. You can focus on up to five different achievements; you get one secretly at the beginning, and you can gain up to four more during play. Points are also scored by keeping your environment clean. The environment is scored several times during the game and at game end. So, there are multiple paths to victory!

The components are out of this world! The artwork (borrowing on the existing theme of The Manhattan Project) is stellar. By far the best part are the custom dice. Having played time-after-time with stickers on dice, I'm really happy with how the dice look now! Your personal player board is beautiful until you start covering it with regular pollution, nuclear pollution and/or oil well tokens. Then it is quite ominous. The plastic (pink cubes), steel (metallic I-beams), and oil (brown barrels) are particularly awesome! Finally, the worker tokens are colorful and cute.

Energy Empire is a fairly complex game. There are similarities to The Manhattan Project, but it has less negative player interaction (no bombing your opponent). For me, that makes it much, much better than it's bigger brother...
AND THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!... (for now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GG for a nice overview/review with honesty and taking your valuable time to help "create" a game I'm VERY much looking forward to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Palmer
United Kingdom
Hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice review

I am soooooooo looking forward to this coming though my doormeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very grateful to Sean and the other members of this team. They really, really helped refine every aspect of this game down to the tiniest detail. Sean broke the game many times to make sure it wouldn't break later!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Ips
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gahh - sounds so nice! Can't wait for this to hit retailers! <3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.