Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm terribly disappointed by the iOS App. It's quite buggy and I experienced serious crashes. I tried to report them, but Obsidian made me jump through too many hoops for this to be successful. It felt like they didn't want any bug reports.

Also, the decks which I paid for a long time ago are delivered with glacial slowness. It seems like the dev team is very small and they miscalculated complexity grossly.

The worst bit howeever is that I can't play it anymore. One of the last releases had a bug, relocking my unlocked content. I filed a support request a week ago, and as of yet not even an answer.

What makes me happy is that Mummy's Mask is here, so I can play that instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a game that was released in May that is free to play is such a disappointment?

I suppose if you paid for the full release up front you might feel a bit ripped off. I'm surprised by your experience as it seems they have been responsive. It is now November and they have 5 of the six adventure decks out. I have found this plenty of content over the time. The biggest annoyance was the delay in deck 4.

You have your opinion. I don't agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who has played the app from day 1, and filed a few bug reports, and helped to figure out workarounds on the Obsidian forum, I've got to say I don't quite know what you are talking about.

I played the app on Bluestacks (PC Android emulator), and it crashed a few times. I switched to AmiDUOS, and I can't remember the last time it crashed. Crashes are also very rare on my lightweight Android tablet.

The Obsidian forum is lively, and both fellow players and obsidian developers chime in frequently. In my experience, when the community identifies a significant bug, before long Obsidian gives an official response.

To report bugs... I just make a detailed post on the Obsidian forum. There weren't any hoops to jump through.

Yes, there have been a few bugs. Yes, this has been annoying at times. On the other hand, I've had great pleasure playing the game, many hours. All the bugs I've encountered can be dealt with or worked around. (I've never heard of unlocked content becoming locked.)

The game is free.. you don't have to pay anything. I paid $25 up front so I wouldn't have to worry about unlocking content. It was obvious the adventure decks would take awhile to release. I haven't had a problem with the release rate.

I would definitely recommend all fans of the card game check out this FREE application. You can get a feel for how well it works for you and make your own decision about purchasing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you guys have had better experiences than I did. Meanwhile Obsidian has managed to unlock my account as well, so I can play again, but it did take them six days. While I think that the game itself is great, the App, not so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first got this I was playing on my 1st Gen iPad Mini Retina (A5 Processor) and it was buggier than hell. I have since upgraded to an iPad Air 2 (A8 processor)and it's super stable and solid as a rock. If it's buggy, it's more than likely because you are playing it on an older device. One thing you can try to help is turning off the effects but there was a scenario in Deck 3 that my old iPad just would not play. So while your experience may be buggy, it may be because of the device you are playing it on. They do say what the recommended minimum requirements for the app are right on the App Store so... just sayin' ;P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Na, my iPad is pretty new, no Hardware problems.

But I'm retracting my earlier statement that this is a ripoff and I'm sure to buy another App in the series, because playing with the App is actually good fun.

I just wish Obsidian would make it easy to report defects. In-game would be my preferred option. The game is complex, there're so many possible combinations of card play, it's not feasible to test them all. So bugs may slip through, no worries. But if that is given, make it easy for players to report them.

Deck 5 has quite a few bugs but I'm not going through the ordeal to report them. Not even the most obvious one, that the looted quill of revelation doesn't work properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.