Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Risk» Forums » Rules

Subject: What happen when you reveal your mission card but didn't achieve the mission? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Najamaigagné
France
flag msg tools
Hello,

During a thrilling game, my mission was to conquer 18 territories with 2 armies on each one. After my final attack, I conquered 18 territories but unfortunately during one move I let only one army on Siberia. Note that this army was not crucial, as I moved 5 and it was not decisive.

I show my mission card to everyone, claiming my victory, when one player noticed this army alone on Siberia. If we leave out the moral side and stick to the rules, I did not win, but I said as everyone knew my mission that the result was null. But others players decided to continue playing, of course attacking me as they knew my mission, and one of them finally win.

My point is that knowing one player mission change all probabilities and that game ended when one mission card is revealed. All the moves next to this are distort and so we can not call it a win.

Do you think he can claim the victory?

Thanks mate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Strabala
United States
Hiawatha
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
With a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, Welcome to BGG!

To answer your question: Yes, he can.

You revealed your mission prematurely, your opponents took advantage of the windfall, and the other player won.

So, in the future, I'd highly recommend double checking your prerequisites before declaring victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Games.

She is a cruel mistress...

kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
theobar6 wrote:
What happen when you reveal your mission card but didn't achieve the mission?

In this case, you have revealed but not achieved your objective. You will need to move to actually achieve your objective before the others can stop you. This time, you were unable to do so. Better luck next time.

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.