Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance anyone from TMG willing to give a current approx timeframe for when the TMG version of this expansion will be released? I ask because if there's no answers then I think this time I'll just go for the DLP version rather than risking waiting another year for the TMG one.

Having said that, I'd much rather get a TMG version if it's reasonably soon in order to get your sweet component quality
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1 2017 is my estimate at this time. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is certainly worth waiting for to get TMG quality. Thanks for the quick response AND quick North American release!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Q1 estimate still look like it will happen? Lot of players looking forward to ordering it from you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The files are at the printers already, so yes (barring anything unexpected).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bissell
United States
Bangor
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:

Fantastic news. I will be preordering it as soon as it goes up on CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
The power of customization!
badge
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... All of you... To play more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:

Sounds good. I'll definitely pick this one up.

Is there any news on your printing of the promo place tiles? Would love to grab those from you as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with the promo place tiles is that if we include them with other Orleans things, BGG forces the product to be a separate entry, which is bad for... everything.

There are a couple of options on that front:

We can bundle them in with small box games that AREN'T Orleans, and it doesn't mess things up, and we can do that in a fairly timely manner (first half of this year?)

We could put them together as their own separate product, but that would be very late this year or early next year, based on our current product schedule.

I welcome thoughts on the subject.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
The problem with the promo place tiles is that if we include them with other Orleans things, BGG forces the product to be a separate entry, which is bad for... everything.

There are a couple of options on that front:

We can bundle them in with small box games that AREN'T Orleans, and it doesn't mess things up, and we can do that in a fairly timely manner (first half of this year?)

We could put them together as their own separate product, but that would be very late this year or early next year, based on our current product schedule.

I welcome thoughts on the subject.

:meeple:

If the price of the small box game with Orleans promo place tiles included comes out to be the same or less than their total price on the BGG store (~25 shipped) I'd 100% buy it in an instant and I'm sure most people that are waiting for the tiles to be released by TMG would as well.

People are currently buying the promo place tiles on the BGG store (or from DLP) that aren't patient enough to wait for a TMG release. The option to also try out a different game AND have the promo place tiles fully US released would be a huge bonus.

If the game cost was greater than $25, I'd still probably pick it up for the promo place tiles alone, moreso if the main game looked interesting.

That's how I personally feel.

Thanks for communicating with your customers/fans by the way. It makes me think of TMG quite favorably. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Side note, I reread your statement and realized you said "games" plural.

If, for example, it was two games that were $10-15 and each included two sets of promo place tiles that would be OK in my eyes too. I'd prefer them all in one but I understand if you want to spread them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it makes less sense to bundle the promos with unrelated games, if what I am gathering from discussion is accurate.

People generally don't like being forced to buy something unrelated to get the items they really want. I wouldn't mind waiting a year if that meant I could get all promotional tiles at a fair price from TMG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AbyssalStalker wrote:
Side note, I reread your statement and realized you said "games" plural.

If, for example, it was two games that were $10-15 and each included two sets of promo place tiles that would be OK in my eyes too. I'd prefer them all in one but I understand if you want to spread them out.

As they've done with several games, they like to put a single promo for 2-3 games inside a different one. You'd have to buy a half dozen games to get all the promos you want and then possibly have a bunch of promos and games you may not.
I you can still get them from DLP for around $20-25, I'd do it. And the "speed" of shipping will still arrive sooner than waiting for the TMG copies to trickle out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrotherDusk wrote:
I think it makes less sense to bundle the promos with unrelated games, if what I am gathering from discussion is accurate.

People generally don't like being forced to buy something unrelated to get the items they really want. I wouldn't mind waiting a year if that meant I could get all promotional tiles at a fair price from TMG.

I agree, I'd prefer not being "forced" to buy an unrelated product. However, if it was a similar price as getting the product direct, and getting it sooner, AND with a new game to try out, that seems like a win-win to me.

That being said, I'm not sure if that's what would happen in this situation. Maybe it's wishful thinking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually got the PPC (pre-production copy, not necessarily final) for Trade and Intrigue today. Here's a video if you're interested: https://www.periscope.tv/TastyMinstrel/1mnxeWrQeDYGX
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. As for the promo tiles, it would honestly depend which game(s) they are bundled with. But it definitely would make it a lot more tempting to get those games in that case, even if I would not have otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Promo tiles are just that, promos. They aren't necessary. It wouldn't make since to hold up the expansion just for promo tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alextnorris wrote:
Promo tiles are just that, promos. They aren't necessary. It wouldn't make since to hold up the expansion just for promo tiles.

Nobody ever said the promos would hold up the expansion. They are talking about putting the promos for Orleans in other games - which allows them to avoid making another BGG entry for the promos, which have one already.

I see this as a bit nonsensical. If I want another game, I'll buy another game. Throwing promos for other products in just makes me think the game isn't good enough to justify a purchase without extra incentive. It also looks like a money grab.

At the same time, I should be able to figure out where the promos are being sold, if I want them. BGG is the first place I would go. Why can't a "contained in" tag be used to connect the old BGG promo listings to the new TMG singular promo collection? Why does TMG care about BGG's site infrastructure enough to allow it to determine how they bundle TMG products?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
BrotherDusk wrote:

I see this as a bit nonsensical. If I want another game, I'll buy another game. Throwing promos for other products in just makes me think the game isn't good enough to justify a purchase without extra incentive. It also looks like a money grab.

It is far, far more profitable to sell the promos separately. So "money grab" is false.

Quote:
Why does TMG care about BGG's site infrastructure enough to allow it to determine how they bundle TMG products?

Well, saying that the first place you'd check for a promo is BGG shows why we should care, and secondly, split entries are a disservice to everyone - they make information harder to find.

I think you're bringing a lot of misconceptions to the table, but we appreciate the feedback anyway - not everyone is going to understand all the facets of the industry.

It sounds like most people would rather wait longer and pay for the promos individually, rather than trading/purchasing them for less from the people who get the game they'd be packaged in. That is useful to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
BrotherDusk wrote:

It is far, far more profitable to sell the promos separately. So "money grab" is false.

Main premise presented was that there were two options:
1) a package of all promos. or,
2) X number of unrelated games, that happen include various Orleans promos. Catch them all to get the promos you want.

Of those two options #2 costs more and allows you to sell us cardboard and packaging that we never wanted. Therefore, #2 looks like a money grab from the perspective of the consumer (in the two contexts you presented throughout this thread) and I'll stand by that. Sorry if the term raises hackles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Like I said, understanding common consumer misperceptions is worthwhile too, so I appreciate that you expressed it, even if it was false.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy, thank you for the heads up on the TMG unboxing ppc periscope! Appreciate it very muchly. Also came across their video for Chimera Station, so that's an added bonus (not so bonus when the figure snapped in two, but that's due to be fixed in short order).

Amazed how small the TMG box is vs the DLP box - so much unnecessary air! Even if they put in padding of some sort, no need for that size box for so few components!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you like the concept - I talked about it a tiny bit more here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/61444/box-talk-orlean...

I expect some subset of people to complain though. Even though it saves them money and makes the product work better, any time you do something different, there'll be someone who says it's wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
Glad you like the concept - I talked about it a tiny bit more here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/61444/box-talk-orlean...

I expect some subset of people to complain though. Even though it saves them money and makes the product work better, any time you do something different, there'll be someone who says it's wrong.

Hey, it works for Power Grid, why can't it work here? Cardboard gets punched? Put it in a thin box! If people have issues, get the DLP version. Who knows, maybe it'll surprise you with worldwide mass acceptance of less packaging! Sure, it could happen! It won't, some will complain, but many will appreciate it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Wang
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you guys be doing a 5th player kit? My 5th player boards from Invasion are getting lonely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but I don't have a date for that one yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.