$30.00
Spudkitty

Idaho
msg tools
mbmbmb
Much appreciated if someone could clarify the following rules questions:

Rounds - On the Round A card, two animal cards are depicted WITHOUT question marks; on the Round B card, two animal cards are depicted WITH question marks. What does the difference in cards indicate?

Triple Bonuses - For the cards marked with a '1', I know the bonuses apply to the first player to get 3 mines, 3 knowledge, 3 ships, 3 pastures, 3 castles, and 3 cloisters. I can't figure out the last triple ... is it the first player to get 3 of the same building or something else?

Start Player Card - In the beginning of the game, the first player turns the start card face up (questions marks not showing); when someone ships a good, they receive the start card and place it face down.

1) What is the difference, really, whether the card is face up or face
down? Isn't the person who holds the card regardless, the first
player of the next round? Why is face up/down important?

2) What happens if there are additional players who ship during a
round? Do they just keep passing the 'first card' around and the
player who ends up with it at the end of the round is first to go
next round?

Thank you for any help you can give!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Spudkitty wrote:

Triple Bonuses - For the cards marked with a '1', I know the bonuses apply to the first player to get 3 mines, 3 knowledge, 3 ships, 3 pastures, 3 castles, and 3 cloisters. I can't figure out the last triple ... is it the first player to get 3 of the same building or something else?

Only bit I can chime in on from memory- the bonus is for the color. Since buildings are on the same color, any 3 will get you the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spudkitty wrote:
I can't figure out the last triple ... is it the first player to get 3 of the same building or something else?
"Identical types of cards in your estate are piled one on top of the other."
"The first player to complete a triple receives the matching bonus card"
So it's a triple of buildings. What buildings these are doesn't matter.

Spudkitty wrote:
Start Player Card -
1) Why is face up/down important?
End of round (last sentence, in italics):
"If the start player card is still face up, the card is passed to the next player in clockwise order, who becomes the start player for the entire round."

Spudkitty wrote:
2) What happens if there are additional players who ship during a round? Do they just keep passing the 'first card' around and the player who ends up with it at the end of the round is first to go next round?
yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spudkitty

Idaho
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the help. One more question ...

Once a new round is starting, are worker card(s) distributed to non-start-card players, as they are at the beginning of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spudkitty wrote:
Thank you for the help. One more question ...

Once a new round is starting, are worker card(s) distributed to non-start-card players, as they are at the beginning of the game?

Pretty sure that is only at the beginning of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spudkitty wrote:
On the Round A card, two animal cards are depicted WITHOUT question marks; on the Round B card, two animal cards are depicted WITH question marks. What does the difference in cards indicate?

Each of the cards for Rounds A-C illustrates a blank animal card on one side and one with a question mark on the other side.

The question mark probably indicates that the specific animal may vary depending on the state of the animal stacks - the same illustration appears on the Pasture cards. Maybe the sides of the cards are different because you use one (with the question mark, maybe) for when you play through a round and then flip the card over when you place it underneath the pile at round end.

belial1134 wrote:
Spudkitty wrote:

Pretty sure that is only at the beginning of the game.

That's right. The rule about worker distribution is in the rules section on Game Setup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.