Julien Vion
France
Préseau
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I have two rules questions:

− cats that do not match the clue are discarded in a private discard pile. You have to show the discarded cat to other players. Then, is the discard pile hidden or not?

− when can you make an accusation? During your turn or at any time? In the latter case, the fastest player gets to accuse the right cat, as in Jungle Speed? We had a situation at game end where all players had guessed the clues, but we were waiting for the right cat to appear. Who would win in this case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
scand1sk wrote:
Hi all,

I have two rules questions:

− cats that do not match the clue are discarded in a private discard pile. You have to show the discarded cat to other players. Then, is the discard pile hidden or not?

− when can you make an accusation? During your turn or at any time? In the latter case, the fastest player gets to accuse the right cat, as in Jungle Speed? We had a situation at game end where all players had guessed the clues, but we were waiting for the right cat to appear. Who would win in this case?

Chiming in to say that I don't know the answers, but have the exact same questions. We house-ruled our initial game to say that the latest discard was face up.

The rules do say that the accusation can be made at any time, even out of turn - but it obviously becomes a race condition when a new suspect is added to a lineup. It feels like the current detective has a slight advantage here - and we ruled that this is slightly thematically correct (this is the detective that brought in the suspect) - but would like to see other ideas on how this is played.

The race-to-accuse, along with the desire NOT to be last makes for interesting decisions - should I go for a near-match early to ensure I'm at least scoring SOME points, or wait for the perfect match?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.