Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
I read in a SGOYT entry that the card stock is sub par in this game. Is that really so?

Is it worse than LOTR LCG for instance?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious how many around here are going to recognize "SGOYT."
In my opinion, I don't think the card stock is sub par. Its fine quality and up to my expectation for an FFG game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
Curious how many around here are going to recognize "SGOYT."
In my opinion, I don't think the card stock is sub par. Its fine quality and up to my expectation for an FFG game.

I do not know the exact words of the acronym, but I know what forum/guild he's referring to. I just got my copy a few days ago and I thought the cardstock was fine, even after sleeving 300+ cards. I was sleeving more so because I felt they would wear as I expect the game will get a lot of play, not so much due to feel/quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quality of card stock has gone down on LCG products in general, I've played each of them and started to notice a decline in quality with Warhammer Conquest. It's not bad but it is different than it used to be.

For me it's not a huge deal 'cause I sleeve these types of games, but it is noticeable if you don't sleeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Registrau wrote:
I read in a SGOYT entry that the card stock is sub par in this game. Is that really so?

Thanks

I have both games, Cards are the same quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor S
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have been playing and shuffling these cards without sleeves and they are holding up just fine. I corner shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Too bad it isn't linen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iLLumines wrote:
Too bad it isn't linen

Yeah, I think a lot of these threads about card quality come from comparing them to e.g. the Eldritch Horror cards which have a linen finish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihnea Cateanu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Registrau wrote:

Thanks

I probably wrote that entry you were refering to If so, I was saying they are worse when compared with other FFG products (like EH and even Netrunner, if I remember correctly). Since they are not linen-finished they feel a bit flimsy and a few of them already are a bit bent out-of-the-box (in my case the agenda and act decks, but maybe that`s not true for all copies).

Cannot compare it to LOTR LCG, which I never played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it was your entry Mihnea, there are so many I couldn't remember who wrote what.

To clarify for those who don't know what SGOYT stands for, it's a monthly geeklist where we like to show which solo games we are playing along with comments and pictures. Enter at your own risk!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mihnea_1309 wrote:
Registrau wrote:

Thanks

I probably wrote that entry you were refering to If so, I was saying they are worse when compared with other FFG products (like EH and even Netrunner, if I remember correctly). Since they are not linen-finished they feel a bit flimsy and a few of them already are a bit bent out-of-the-box (in my case the agenda and act decks, but maybe that`s not true for all copies).

Cannot compare it to LOTR LCG, which I never played.

I have Netrunner, A Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, and Conquest. The cards are identical in quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe it's just me, but the Arkham cards feel like a thinner card stock than the LotR cards. The print quality and clarity is excellent, as per FFG's standard. That card stock is a mixed back for me though. One the one hand, it feels easier to shuffle. On the other, I worry about durability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are of fine quality, and the art on the card backs is amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
Registrau wrote:

To clarify for those who don't know what SGOYT stands for, it's a monthly geeklist where we like to show which solo games we are playing along with comments and pictures.

Thanks. I deciphered the S part, but I only got "solo gaming on your train"

The card stock feels very nice. It's not the linen finish some FFG products have, but they're relatively thick and rigid. I was aware of complaints, and got to the investigator cards first, so I was worried they would be the only ones thick enough. But there's nothing to worry about for the current printing, I think. Solid quality.

I *love* the simple art deco style of the card backs. Sometimes less is more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I like Solo Gaming on Your Train better. Thank you!

I'll ponder interpretations for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.