GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,302 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Tuscany Essential Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Structure cards and Automa rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
Germany
Kiel
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

I just recently received my copy of the Tuscany Essential and also own the Viticulture Essential Edition.

I have two questions:
1. IIRC the rulebook says that I can build the new structure cards only by using the action on the board. Is it not possible to use a special effect of a visitor card to build a structure?

2. Since there are no new Automa cards for the expanded board, how can I adapt the rules to play solo with all new modules?

I really am happy with the Tuscany Essential Edition. Our first playthrough was great and made Viticulture a different experience (even though I already loved the vanilla game). Thanks!

Cheers,
-Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
2. The automa cards from Viticulture EE already have the Tuscany expanded board spaces included on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The structure cards are built in exactly the same ways as other structures. You play visitor cards by taking actions on the board, so by using a visitor that has a build-structure ability, you can build a structure card from your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lillebror666 wrote:
2. Since there are no new Automa cards for the expanded board, how can I adapt the rules to play solo with all new modules?

There's a draft rule document for this uploaded here: http://densyvendesans.dk/publicfiles/viticulture/AutomaForTu...

An updated one will be uploaded soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Germany
Kiel
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:
Hey guys,

thanks for the quick answers.

1. Jamey: I thought so and it was how we played it so far. Thanks for confirming.

2. Reverend: Hmm, that might be the case for the English version of the Viticulture Essential Edition, I´m not sure though. In my German version from Feuerland there are included 24 Automa cards with each only 2 seasons (summer and winter obviously) on them. I guess you could use them, but some action spots ('Place a star' comes to mind) are definitely missing. Can you post a pic of your Automa cards if they differ?

Anyway, thanks again!

Cheers,
-Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lillebror666 wrote:
2. Reverend: Hmm, that might be the case for the English version of the Viticulture Essential Edition, I´m not sure though. In my German version from Feuerland there are included 24 Automa cards with each only 2 seasons (summer and winter obviously) on them. I guess you could use them, but some action spots ('Place a star' comes to mind) are definitely missing. Can you post a pic of your Automa cards if they differ?

Yes, Feuerland chose to change the Automa cards in their German version of Viti Essential, so that the cards only have the actions for that edition, not those that are only applicable to Tuscany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Lillebror666 wrote:

Yes, Feuerland chose to change the Automa cards in their German version of Viti Essential, so that the cards only have the actions for that edition, not those that are only applicable to Tuscany.

You can use the simple online version of the Automa cards that's available here: http://viticulture.noesia.net/Automa.html

The cards are in English, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Germany
Kiel
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
You can use the simple online version of the Automa cards that's available here: http://viticulture.noesia.net/Automa.html

Thanks, Morten, that`s amazing. I`m really happy that I can play the full board solo.

One more thing: Do I still try to beat 20 points or 25? The chart on your file only listed the necessary points for the Aggressive Mode.

Thanks!

Edit: English cards make it even more simple, since the actions on the board are in the English language, too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lillebror666 wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

Thanks, Morten, that`s amazing. I`m really happy that I can play the full board solo.

One more thing: Do I still try to beat 20 points or 25? The chart on your file only listed the necessary points for the Aggressive Mode.

Thanks!

Thanks.

When not playing aggressive mode you place it on the "Win" space. I can't remember right now what specifically is written on the space in the latest editions, but it's something like that (it's the 25 victory point space).

If you find that too easy, you can use the numbers from year 7 of the aggressive variant.

The reason that this is not written in the Tuscany Essential rulebook is that the setup rules from Viti Essential covers this by refering to the "Win" space instead of to a space with a specific number of victory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
When not playing aggressive mode you place it on the "Win" space. I can't remember right now what specifically is written on the space in the latest editions, but it's something like that (it's the 25 victory point space).

Tuscany Essential is 25. From looking at images of the original Tuscany board, I think T:EE unchanged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Stępniak
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:

This is awesome, I hope iOS app will be released or at least version for mobile devices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmarpriest wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

This is awesome, I hope iOS app will be released or at least version for mobile devices.

I've been using the webpage on my iPhone and it works fine . At this point we have no plans to make apps specifically for the Automa cards.

There is a Viticulture app in development by a third party, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.