Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

the excellent job that Jamey and co. did with organizing the packaging of the base game minis, and here I'm specifically referring to how they simply wedged a soft foam layer into the box to stop them falling out and around during shipping after noticing it in early version, seems not to have been continued for the expansion.

And as a result, mine that I picked up yesterday in Beijing China had a slightly broken mech

It'll be glued back in place with no problem, and will in no way be noticeable, so I have no need to ask for a replacement (Stonemaier have replaced a missing piece for me before), but I'm hoping this wasn't the case for everyone else, as mine didn't even have to travel far.

Was it just the China batch that didn't get the foam layer? Or has this happened elsewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shit happens. If you mail Jamey about it they will send out a replacement piece. They have pritty good costumer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I don't need a replacement, and yes, they have excellent customer service in my experience.

I'd like to know if others receive theirs with the foam insert to hold the minis in place, or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saigetsu wrote:
Shit happens. If you mail Jamey about it they will send out a replacement piece. They have pritty good costumer service.

I feel like you didn't actually read Linda's post.

I haven't received mine yet. I'll report when I do if I remember. I'm holding it yo combine with other pre-orders to save on shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Linda: Thanks for your feedback. We actually tested out the expansion insert before production began, and what we found was that the mechs stayed in their slots if we taped the insert together. This made the foam unnecessary (compared to the base game, where there's a lot more stuff moving around in the box).

However, obviously that wasn't enough for your copy (and possibly others), and I'm sorry about that. It won't be a problem for the vast majority of miniatures. If some break and need to be replaced, we're to help. Glue also helps in some cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey for the reply. Here's hoping it doesn't trun into a larger problem, as ours really is not an issue, athough I'd say most of the mechs, if not all of them, were no longer where they should be.

Can't wait to play with them though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine showed up with mechs out of their spot as well, Jamey. No damage, so no big deal, just giving you a data point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I just got my copy today, and it included one broken Albion mech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trevorandlinda wrote:

the excellent job that Jamey and co. did with organizing the packaging of the base game minis, and here I'm specifically referring to how they simply wedged a soft foam layer into the box to stop them falling out and around during shipping after noticing it in early version, seems not to have been continued for the expansion.

And as a result, mine that I picked up yesterday in Beijing China had a slightly broken mech

It'll be glued back in place with no problem, and will in no way be noticeable, so I have no need to ask for a replacement (Stonemaier have replaced a missing piece for me before), but I'm hoping this wasn't the case for everyone else, as mine didn't even have to travel far.

Was it just the China batch that didn't get the foam layer? Or has this happened elsewhere?

The copy I received also didn't have any foam in with the mechs, so most had moved out of their slots and one had a broken gun turret.

It will also be glued back, like yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy O
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Same situation here - one broken gun on an Albion mech and a headless Togawa mech.

Grateful for recommendations on what glue to use - is regular plastic cement the best thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All these broken mini replies makes me really nervous for the arrival of my own game. Sounds like it's happened to everyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far we've had 30 instances of requests for broken mech prongs (out of about 10,000 delivered copies of the expansion, though I don't know how many have been opened).

I appreciate those of you who are gluing them, but we're certainly here for replacements as necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Sounds like it's happened to everyone?

Nope. Some of mine had come loose, but all were in perfect condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mechs had all come loose in mine also. I'll double-check later but the only damage, I think, is a tiny antenna has broken off on the back/shoulder of an Albion mech.

I can probably cope without a replacement. However, I think one of my friend's action boards in the base game was splitting the first time we played his copy so if he wants to replace that, we can try and combine it? I'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregg: The player mats are actually easier to fit with a touch of glue. But we're here to help if that isn't feasible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jamey.

Yeah, I said he'd probably be able to fix it with some glue. It was just a couple of minor things we could both address if one of us wanted to go the replacement route is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
venrondua wrote:
Sounds like it's happened to everyone?

Nope. Some of mine had come loose, but all were in perfect condition.

As it turned out I had nothing to worry about. Mine hadn't even come loose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three of mine were loose (all were purple), and one of them was broken. Nothing a dab of glue won't fix (but once again I find that my only tube of superglue cannot be opened, as the lid has glued itself on).

What's the best glue, BTW? I hate hot glue, and superglue hates me. Can a solvent glue (the sort used for "welding" styrene figures together) work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several of my mechs were loose. Two of the green mechs each had one of the small antennas broken off. Super glue should make quick work of it so no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought a copy from my FLGS today. Four of the mechs were loose but they were not damaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all my purple were loose (or at least 3 of them) and a couple of green. No damage though so I'm happy. To be honest, I suspect the cost of the odd replacement is going to be way cheaper than adding a layer of foam that isn't really needed in all but a handful of cases and I'd rather Jamey not waste money on un-needed things (mechs coming loose is fine as long as they're not damaged).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were all loose. One had three broken pieces, but the others were ok. Not complaining, just letting Jamey know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stinkoman wrote:
Bought a copy from my FLGS today. Four of the mechs were loose but they were not damaged.
Mine were the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Walker
Canada
Simcoe
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stinkoman wrote:

I also received my copy this week nearly all of them were loose and one of the Togawa (purple) bodies had detached from the legs. EASY fix with super glue (I even risked it and used the $ store super glue with No issues)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kara S
United States
Palmer
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My tray was taped shut but all the pieces were loose, resulting in 3 Albion mechs each having a broken small antenna. The pieces are in the bottom; if someone has a glue they recommend I'd like to try fixing them rather than get replacements.

I really wonder if the pieces just somehow never got snapped into the tray in the first place because this tray seems to hold pieces even tighter than the base game- I shook them hard and nada.

Attached pics for reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.