5 Posts

Evolution: Promo Pack III» Forums » Rules

Subject: Insectivore Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Horton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
4 Questions (2 about Insectivore, 2 about Intelligence, apologies if I have just misread something)

~Do all of a player's Insectivore species get to use it on the same feeding turn?

~Once Insectivore has happened, can the player then proceed to feed another species/feed the Insectivore again, since Insectivore happens at the start of the feeding turn?

~Intelligence says it can happen at any point in a feeding turn, so does this mean the non-carnivore effect (2 food from food bank) can happen multiple times during one feeding turn if the player discards multiple cards?

~And on similar lines to above, if an Intelligent non-carnivore takes food from the food bank, does this count as feeding a species for the purpose of ending a feeding turn, or can the player then proceed to feed another species/feed the Intelligent species again?

Thanks much, am loving Climate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Parker
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HortonHearsAWho wrote:

~Do all of a player's Insectivore species get to use it on the same feeding turn?

I would say yes. Same with a card like Nocturnal. And same, but at the end of the feeding phase with a card like Migratory.

HortonHearsAWho wrote:
~Once Insectivore has happened, can the player then proceed to feed another species/feed the Insectivore again, since Insectivore happens at the start of the feeding turn?

Yes. It's a bonus feeding like Nocturnal. I love Insectivore. Probably my favorite promo.

HortonHearsAWho wrote:
~Intelligence says it can happen at any point in a feeding turn, so does this mean the non-carnivore effect (2 food from food bank) can happen multiple times during one feeding turn if the player discards multiple cards?

Yes. A species with Intelligence, Population 6 and Fat Tissue could pay out six cards and gain 12 Plant Food in one Feeding Turn if they have the cards to use in their hand. Or at least, that's how I read it.

HortonHearsAWho wrote:
~And on similar lines to above, if an Intelligent non-carnivore takes food from the food bank, does this count as feeding a species for the purpose of ending a feeding turn, or can the player then proceed to feed another species/feed the Intelligent species again?

No. Using the Intelligence ability to get Plant Food counts as feeding the species.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also loving Insectivore. Rode 2 species with that one, plus a Cooperation to victory on our first play. My guys were eating machines! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Horton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Agreed: Insectivore is a really good promo trait (not my favourite: my favourite is Trample from this set & Sharp Teeth from PP2)

Thanks guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think only the last answer is different from how it was answered above...

HortonHearsAWho wrote:

Yes.

HortonHearsAWho wrote:

Yes.

HortonHearsAWho wrote:

Yes.

HortonHearsAWho wrote:

It does not count as your Feeding Turn. You may feed one of your species (the one with Intelligence included) AND use the ability of your Intelligent species as many times as you have cards to discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.