Subject: Earthquake Hammer - How does this work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
How does the earthquake hammer work exactly?

For every 6 you roll you get to reroll one extra dice and add +1 to damage. If you rolled 3 sixes you would get to roll three more dice and do 3 damage for each hit.

So if there was an abomination in the square and you rolled a six you will kill the abomination if you rerolled another die and got a 3+?

Am I correct? Am I applying multiple sixes correctly?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
The Axe of Carnage allows you to kill an extra zombie for each successful role, correct? In other words if you rolled one 4 you could remove 2 zombies instead of one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bghead8che wrote:

For every 6 you roll you get to reroll one extra dice and add +1 to damage. If you rolled 3 sixes you would get to roll three more dice and do 3 damage for each hit.

So if there was an abomination in the square and you rolled a six you will kill the abomination if you rerolled another die and got a 3+?

Thanks!

The +1 damage applies to all hits, including previously rolled. So if you rolled 3 dice and got 3 sixes, then rerolled and got 3 fives, you would have a total of 6 hits for 3 damage each. Enough to kill six abominations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
silverbowen wrote:
Bghead8che wrote:

Thanks!

The +1 damage applies to all hits, including previously rolled. So if you rolled 3 dice and got 3 sixes, then rerolled and got 3 fives, you would have a total of 6 hits for 3 damage each. Enough to kill six abominations

Thanks Silver.

I think I have it down. Are you sure all rerolls count as 3 damage if they hit? In other words 3,4,5, and 6s do three damage on all rerolls? I think you are correct as it does say "+1 die and +1 damage"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He is correct according to the official rulings we have received on how to apply +1 die per 6 and +1 damage per 6 instructions on cards.

Note that you get the effect even on the extra dice, so you can get even more dice if you keep rolling 6s (and the damage skyrockets).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Clipper wrote:
He is correct according to the official rulings we have received on how to apply +1 die per 6 and +1 damage per 6 instructions on cards.

Note that you get the effect even on the extra dice, so you can get even more dice if you keep rolling 6s (and the damage skyrockets).

Thanks!

You wrote "and the damage skyrockets". By "damage" I think you meant kills, correct? The number of kills would skyrocket. Or do you mean +4 damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bghead8che wrote:
You wrote "and the damage skyrockets". By "damage" I think you meant kills, correct? The number of kills would skyrocket. Or do you mean +4 damage?

The damage and hits are increasing with each rolled 6. The damage is a bit crazier than the hits as you only need 3 to kill pretty much anything, yet you could easily be doing much more than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I have a few more card questions from Wulfsburg.

Please correct me if any of the following is incorrect:

Chain Lightning - if you roll a 6 you get one free extra roll for each 6 rolled. Anything else to consider?

Flaming Great Sword - If you ignite dragon bile do you have to discard the sword as well?

Axe of Carnage - For ever 4,5,6 and six you roll you can take off two zombies instead of one. So if you rolled a 4, and a 5, and a two sixes you could remove up to 8 zombies.

Am I playing these correctly?

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Clipper wrote:
Bghead8che wrote:

The damage and hits are increasing with each rolled 6. The damage is a bit crazier than the hits as you only need 3 to kill pretty much anything, yet you could easily be doing much more than that.

Gotcha, as we have no 4 hit enemies (yet) it's pretty much a non-issue as far as actual gameplay perspective is concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bghead8che wrote:
Chain Lightning - if you roll a 6 you get one free extra
roll for each 6 rolled. Anything else to consider?

That seems right.

Bghead8che wrote:
Flaming Great Sword - If you ignite dragon bile do you have to discard the sword as well?

No. Unlike Torch, there is no instruction to discard the card.

Bghead8che wrote:
Axe of Carnage - For ever 4,5,6 and six you roll you can take off two zombies instead of one. So if you rolled a 4, and a 5, and a two sixes you could remove up to 8 zombies.

This is grossly incorrect. You get one extra success per action. So one Melee Action resulting in 4 successful dice, as you showed in the example, equals 5 successes total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.