Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Franquin
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everybody,

I might be interested in this game but there is something I am unsure of.
Let's pick a competitive LCG like netrunner. I can buy any expansion pack that I want based on the deck that I want to build, but if I want card X, I need to buy the pack it is in, there is no other way around.

But in a coop LCG, how does this work? Let's say I want to play this game with my friend, what are we supposed to do? Each of us buy the expansion pack or do we only need one? Same thing with the core set, do we each need one (or 2 as I can read everywhere) or just one core set for both of us is what we need?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

One search is worth more than a thousand words

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1656287/newbie-guide-ar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^ have a read through that then ask some more questions if you like.

Short answer for me is that for Lord of the Rings, I buy all the cards and my gaming cohort uses online deckbuilders & facebook messaging to decide what he would like to build into his next deck. I'm imagining AH is going to work largely the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lotr you have to build your deck every time you play. Arkham you stick with one deck with level 0 cards and make it better as you progress through the campaign, like a true rpg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
iLLumines wrote:
Lotr you have to build your deck every time you play. Arkham you stick with one deck with level 0 cards and make it better as you progress through the campaign, like a true rpg.

Disagree with "Build a deck each time you play".

You can easily make "all commers" LOTR decks. I have 4 mono color decks that have beaten countless missions and never change them.

I agree Arkham is more of a RP experience.

The biggest thing is there is no rush in Coop LCG. You are not required to buy the newest pack to stay on top like you are for completive LCGs.

Granted though, im sure for awhile its going to be a rush with Arkham because its so good, people want to move on to the next story and keep evolving their deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindgaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Pierre

If you play 1 or 2 player games, you only need 1 core set and 1 of each expansion.

If you want 3 or 4 player games you need another core set, because there is not enough cards to build more than 2 player decks in the core set.
Having enough tokens could also become an issue.
Since not all cards are allowed for all investigators, I guess you could get by with 1 copy of each expansion, if you choose characters with different classes.

If you want/need a certain card, you have to buy the pack it's in, just like any other LCG.

Please note that you need "The Dunwich Legacy" deluxe expansion to play any other expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.