Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Hoier
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm confused on a few things:

1) for melee combat, if I have 5 soldiers in contact with 5 enemies, do I do one guy at a time? Like, point at one of my men, resolve his attack rolls, if successful, remove that one enemy. Then move to my second guy, go through the combat steps, etc? Or do I roll all 5 dice at once? And if it is all at once, how do I decide which characters were successful and who to eliminate?

2) For ranged, I go to character's line of sight. If I have 5 guys with that ranged attack, but only 3 of them can see the enemy, do I only roll 3 attack dice? And again, do I roll them all at once?

3) When a ranged attack kills an enemy, one place I read said the character closest to leader goes first, but on BGG I saw someone post the enemy closest to the attacker dies first. Which is it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serban Oprescu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
The game simplifies a lot of things for faster play. Remember that each time a unit is fighting other units, you do a separate combat for every combination of profiles.

1. All at once. Doesn't matter who was successful, just total up the damage and apply it to the enemy unit. Eliminate any enemies you want that participated in this combat.

2. Yes, 3 attack dice, and all at once.

3. Closest to the leader of the shooting unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant to reply on this but forgot; but if you haven't already try my summary, it should answer most questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hoier
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help!

I bought a ton of stuff at LAST year's Black Friday sale on Miniature Market and have put off trying it for... well, a whole year. But that doesn't mean I'm not excited for it to hit the table!

Fair warning, I may have more questions in the coming weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.