$30.00
$20.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Toronto - TABSCon Dec 3rd 2016 No Ship Math Trade - DISCUSSION THREAD rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're running a math trade in space provided by TABSCon on Saturday December 3rd, 2016

The Math Trade geeklist can be found here

Key Dates:
Submissions Deadline: Monday, November 28, 2016 after 10pm
Want Lists Deadline: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 10pm
Results: Will be posted ASAP after the Want List Deadline.

Trade Date & Location
Where: TabsCon, Royal Canadian Legion Hall (Branch #11), 9 Dawes Road, Toronto, ON
When: Saturday December 3rd, 2016
Time: 12:00pm ~ 12:30pm - drop off games
12:30pm ~ 1:00pm - pick up new games, or as soon as everyone has dropped off their games, so it can run later.

Please post any questions, discussion or concerns in this thread.

Thanks for participating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the links, etc are set up, but I'm still waiting for it to get added to the OLWLG. Subscribe to this thread and you'll know when it's ready - or maybe he'll already have approved it before I even get to post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Bugger this. I want a better world.”
badge
"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm out of shelf space so I won't be trading this time around, but I'm running a no-ship bgg auction with exchanges happening at TABScon on Dec 3rd.

Lots of brand new games still in shrink.
Lots of rare, OOP and hard to find games.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/217471/lapsus-noship-...

Help me make space :P Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The want list submission window is open!

Remember that your wantlist has not been submitted until you get a Geekmail confirmation. Don't forget that final step to submit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just under 10 hours left, and still 27% of people need to submit. I just sent them a Geekmail, but if you know someone who hasn't submitted yet, maybe ping them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder to everyone:

On Saturday, label all your items with either painters tape or post-it notes, which will speed up the intake substantially to get your games quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking on the last 4 people before I run this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delays, checked for arbitrage, and it looks like we're good!

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Reminder everyone to put painters tape or post it notes on each of your items, with the username of the person you're trading it to, and FROM: yourname. Real names are less useful.

See you at noon on Saturday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Jamie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Will I never rid myself of D-Day Dice? laugh

Thanks for running this, Jamie See you guys on Saturday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since none of my games traded, I'm listing them on the TABSCon website for sale.

http://www.tabsonline.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, still have tonnes of games on my tradelist if anyone cares to peruse. I will be at TABs for convenience of trading. I will entertain all offers of games or if you would rather just throw money at me that could work too..lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Btw, if anyone has an extra Splendor/Carcassonne-sized box (it can be any title) that you have no use for, I'd be happy to take it off your hands! (I've made my own copy of Neue Heimat which currently has no home, and I like my uniformly-sized boxes ). Just send me a GM to let me know, and I'll pick it up from you at TABS meeple

EDIT: no longer needed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Perlmutter
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, subway is down from St George to Pape. Hope to still be there before 12:30 but might be a little late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary M
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for running the trade!!

Just wanted to let you know that I reached both of the folks who had outstanding trades with me and I reached agreements with them both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garyaxe wrote:
Thanks for running the trade!!

Just wanted to let you know that I reached both of the folks who had outstanding trades with me and I reached agreements with them both!

Glad to hear it! Everyone was happy? I heard about one person that was still a little put out, so make sure they're satisfied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks amilu + company for running the table as well these past two times. You do a service that helps everyone. There were people taking things for granted and complaining today, and that's not fair to these volunteers.

I do have an idea for the next math trade, which will be in June - we likely won't have room to do one at BreakoutCon (like last year we didn't either and it will be more full of gaming this year - edited for correction)

I do have an idea for how we could do one with a different structure, similar to what I've heard happens at Spiel in Essen and some other Cons where they don't have a dedicated space. It would require more work from the participants, and not much time from volunteers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were a few points of confusion in the results for this math trade, which stem from people checking the results before I posted here to say they were final.

Reminder:

No results for a math trade are ever final until the organizer posts in the discussion thread to say so. (Subscribe to that post!) Which was at 10:46 - late, but not out of the question - because of some problems I was having with my computers here.

It's better not to even look at the results until you see that post because they can only cause confusion and potentially disappointment if your results changed for something you in theory liked less, even if the math trade had them as equally acceptable to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running the trade! From my point of view, everything went really well. Thanks to you and all the volunteers for making it happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lenk
Canada
flag msg tools
agent easy wrote:
Thanks for running the trade! From my point of view, everything went really well. Thanks to you and all the volunteers for making it happen.

what he said, I really appreciate how much trouble is put into running these things. Thanks so much for doing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you to Amilu and helpers for volunteering your time and sanity to make sure the Math Trade actually happens properly. It's a big chunk of gaming time (1h+) that you're sacrificing, and we appreciate your time and effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My thanks to Jamie, amilu and all the volunteers who make the Math Trade possible.

This is actually the first time I've logged into this thread, was barely aware prior that it existed.

Some comments:

- perhaps next time, cross-post to the math trade geek list when the trade results are finalized? There was a message at 10:35 pm Wed Nov 30, but no cross-post of the 10:46 pm message posted above, so for a bit of time, was confused if the math trade results were officially finalized or not.

- sad to hear that perhaps the TABS Con steering commitee has decided to reclaim the 2nd floor space traditionally set aside for the Math Trade for other purposes (more gaming space, an expanded Bring & Buy)?

Makes sense from their pov I guess, too bad no one I'm aware of who is a member of the steering committee particates in Math Trades. With 75 paying users in the last Math Trade, maybe a third or more of all TABS Con attendees, my question is why?

Glad to hear other alternatives are being considered and hopefully the change won't have an overly negative impact on the next TABS Con related Math Trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete L.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monstrooper wrote:
sad to hear that perhaps the TABS Con steering commitee has decided to reclaim the 2nd floor space traditionally set aside for the Math Trade for other purposes (more gaming space, an expanded Bring & Buy)?

Makes sense from their pov I guess, too bad no one I'm aware of who is a member of the steering committee particates in Math Trades. With 75 paying users in the last Math Trade, maybe a third or more of all TABS Con attendees, my question is why?

Glad to hear other alternatives are being considered and hopefully the change won't have an overly negative impact on the next TABS Con related Math Trade.

Seriously Mark, what are you talking about? Where do you come up with this stuff? The space set aside for the Math Trade upstairs is still there and was used as such this past Saturday. Once the MT was over, I do believe that some of the table space was used by our attendees to game on. That's not unusual. Do you think that the tables, once the MT is over, should sit unused for the balance of the day? From whom did you "hear" this tale of injustice? I'm quite curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Lothrim wrote:
monstrooper wrote:
sad to hear that perhaps the TABS Con steering commitee has decided to reclaim the 2nd floor space traditionally set aside for the Math Trade for other purposes (more gaming space, an expanded Bring & Buy)?

Seriously Mark, what are you talking about? Where do you come up with this stuff? The space set aside for the Math Trade upstairs is still there and was used as such this past Saturday. Once the MT was over, I do believe that some of the table space was used by our attendees to game on. That's not unusual. Do you think that the tables, once the MT is over, should sit unused for the balance of the day? From whom did you "hear" this tale of injustice? I'm quite curious.

I think this might be a misinterpretation to what Jamie said above:
Quote:
I do have an idea for the next math trade, which will be in June - we likely won't have room to do one at TABSCon.

He said TABScon, when I think he was referring specifically to the Breakout convention
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Marina, yes, that's exactly what I meant. For BreakoutCon. I was posting from my phone.

And yes, Marcus, it might have been useful to cross post to the comments, but people should always be subscribed to the discussion thread because that's where official announcements take place, not necessarily the comments. But nobody should assume anything is final until they see a posting to confirm that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.