Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C Chu
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you haven't heard, Fantasy Flight is having a great sale on some of their games (as well as other Asmodee titles).

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1673485/fantasy-flight-game...

Unfortunately shipping kills the deal. Thus I'm wondering if anyone in the Vancouver area would be interested in a group buy? To be honest this doesn't lower the cost of shipping all that much - but it helps.

Let me know if you're interested. I'm headed down to the States for Thanksgiving, so we can ship the order there and I can pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in Battlelore (2nd ed) if there was a large enough group buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Leung
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's enough people for a group buy, I would be interested in picking up Amerigo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Sheremeto
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I put together a large order earlier and looked at shipping it to sumas vs straight to me and there was only a $10 difference there even. Still, there are some good deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in planet steam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Graves
Canada
Cloverdale
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also be interested in Battlelore 2nd Ed.

Does the shipping cost get lower as the amount of games gets larger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I just put my order in yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I looked at the 2 Claustraphobia expansions and the shipping came to $18.73 to point roberts......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in Relic with both expansions and the Mythos artbook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in Dice Town (base game only) and Desperados of Dice Town

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in Jamaica, if possible. Thanks for setting this group buy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Chu
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. I've crunched the numbers and they're still not great, only slightly better. You can view a spreadsheet breakdown here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wsUM3WcC47ObKzdlcmy7...

Unfortunately Relic is sold out, but I put the Mythos book in there.

Basically I just looked up all the weights (as listed on the the Fantasy Flight page), summed the total weight and divided the shipping cost accordingly. Somehow the shipping cost is actually lower to Canada than it is to the States, so that's the number I've put into the spreadsheet at the moment. Also apparently if we ship to Canada there is no tax charged - at least, I've gone all the way to the checkout page and it doesn't show up.

Bear in mind that this is in USD. Oh, and feel free to double check the work. Math has never been my strong suit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it too late to add in a copy of Shogun and Lewis and Clark please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see Planet steam on the list. I think thats for the best though, I don't think I'm interested in it enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy with that, if it's even close to the spreadsheet. Beats the $26 US shipping alone.

Thanks for organizing this, and let me know what you decide for payment. Do you think there's a chance at a turnaround in time for the no-ship trade on the 27th?

thinkering wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I've crunched the numbers and they're still not great, only slightly better. You can view a spreadsheet breakdown here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wsUM3WcC47ObKzdlcmy7...

Unfortunately Relic is sold out, but I put the Mythos book in there.

Basically I just looked up all the weights (as listed on the the Fantasy Flight page), summed the total weight and divided the shipping cost accordingly. Somehow the shipping cost is actually lower to Canada than it is to the States, so that's the number I've put into the spreadsheet at the moment. Also apparently if we ship to Canada there is no tax charged - at least, I've gone all the way to the checkout page and it doesn't show up.

Bear in mind that this is in USD. Oh, and feel free to double check the work. Math has never been my strong suit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Terror and Meeple City and maybe Jamaica.

Do you have an estimate of how much shipping would be? When do you want to get the order in?

Didn't see the spreadsheet post while I was researching

UGH never mind I must have discipline and not spend any money. Thanks anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond C.
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's not too late, I would be interested in a copy of Via Appia from Queen Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Chu
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, apparently I left out Planet Steam and Amerigo. I've added Amerigo but left off Planet Steam (per your request). I've also added Shogun and Lewis and Clark.

Please confirm your order as soon as you can, no later than Saturday (Nov. 19), whether through this thread of just sending me a message. I hope to purchase soon. If you don't confirm with me, I'll assume that you're no longer interested.

Unfortunately I highly doubt it'll make the trade... I find postage between US/CA to be horrible - takes over a week to send a letter. This will be further exasperated by the Thanksgiving holiday in the States next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Chu
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added Via Appia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Chu
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For an estimate on shipping... Right now, about 10 cents per ounce - a little more (look up the weight on the FF page, that's what I'm using). Might increase a bit if people drop out, or decrease if more people add in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great - I'm definitely still interested in Dice Town and Desperados. Thanks so much!

thinkering wrote:
Sorry, apparently I left out Planet Steam and Amerigo. I've added Amerigo but left off Planet Steam (per your request). I've also added Shogun and Lewis and Clark.

Please confirm your order as soon as you can, no later than Saturday (Nov. 19), whether through this thread of just sending me a message. I hope to purchase soon. If you don't confirm with me, I'll assume that you're no longer interested.

Unfortunately I highly doubt it'll make the trade... I find postage between US/CA to be horrible - takes over a week to send a letter. This will be further exasperated by the Thanksgiving holiday in the States next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
based on those figures I'm in for the Claustrophobia expansions
Thanks for doing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just saw the following note on Meeplemarts Facebook page:

We have received confirmation that Meeplemart will be taking part in the FFG/ Asmodee Holiday Sale. More info will be provided when available.

Might be worth holding off as shipping from Meeplemart would be a lot cheaper maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Chu
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'll call mm tomorrow and see if they've got any further info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent detective work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.