$30.00
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find the info on the wiki on how you add information about a board game's mobile (iOS, Android, etc) adaptation to the game's BGG page. I can see that you can add "Video Game Adaptation" as part of editing the item's details, and that seems to be a GeekLink to a VGG entry - is that right? So is the correct procedure:

(a) Add the game on VGG
(b) Link the VGG item to the BGG item as a Video Game Adaptation?

Does that then take care of all the details - like linking to the App Store/Play Store version on the BGG page, and all that jazz, or is there still more work required for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
conmanau wrote:
I can't seem to find the info on the wiki on how you add information about a board game's mobile (iOS, Android, etc) adaptation to the game's BGG page. I can see that you can add "Video Game Adaptation" as part of editing the item's details, and that seems to be a GeekLink to a VGG entry - is that right? So is the correct procedure:

(a) Add the game on VGG

Does that then take care of all the details - like linking to the App Store/Play Store version on the BGG page, and all that jazz, or is there still more work required for that?

Yes mobile phone versions are "video games." In retrospect probably "electronic games" would have been a better name.

Not sure about "all the details" but adding a game has always been arduous. You have to get the game added then you can add pictures and links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
mb
conmanau wrote:
(a) Add the game on VGG

Link to the app store is done by denoting a special (admin-only) iTunes field on the iOS version for the videogame - generally that's done by the admin on submission of the main videogame entry (it helps if you give the full app store URL in the notes field when submitting), but can also be added after the fact with a correction for the iOS version.
There's no play store linkage at all afaik; presumably there's no affiliate program for BGG/VGG to take advantage of there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
conmanau wrote:
(a) Add the game on VGG

Link to the app store is done by denoting a special (admin-only) iTunes field on the iOS version for the videogame - generally that's done by the admin on submission of the main videogame entry (it helps if you give the full app store URL in the notes field when submitting), but can also be added after the fact with a correction for the iOS version.
There's no play store linkage at all afaik; presumably there's no affiliate program for BGG/VGG to take advantage of there.

Ok, cool. So I will head over to VGG to do the needful.

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.