Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordi Picart i Barrot
Andorra
Girona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are preparing a training session for young people (18-25 yo); our main goal is to reinforce their skills to work in group, and we've thought that an escape room game would be an amazing way to do so.

The easier way to get our objectives is to modify an existing game according to our needs, because creating a new one from zero would be a lot of work, and buying any of the commercial games would be a waste of money because we need to modify it anyway. Plus, if we have to re-organize an existing game we lose the opportunity to play it some day... shake

The fact is that, after several searches in the BGG, we don't find any already-prepared games to start working with. Probably it's my fault doing the search.

I would be very grateful if someone could recommend any website or forum thread -here or anywhere in the Internet- with games already prepared. At least if you could help me with the search. No matter the level of complexity, time of play, complication of materials required, etc.

Thank you in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Room 25 with the expansions. You can play cooperatively or with a hidden traitor - is that the kind of thing you were looking for. The expansion is worth getting as makes the game much better and gives the characters different powers etc - is this the kind of thing you were looking for - not sure what you mean by P&P

Or do you mean you want a game that they have to complete to actually get out of physical room they are in ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P&P means print and play. He is looking for something like EXIT: The Game – The Secret Lab but free. I don't know of any such games either, but I'd also bet they exist.

Room 25 while being a nice game is totally not what the poster looks for (except in theme). It might be with the 2nd edition, but that is yet to be seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Picart i Barrot
Andorra
Girona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
P&P means print and play. He is looking for something like EXIT: The Game – The Secret Lab but free. I don't know of any such games either, but I'd also bet they exist.

Room 25 while being a nice game is totally not what the poster looks for (except in theme). It might be with the 2nd edition, but that is yet to be seen.

You're right Karl, and I apologize for my poor English. I'm looking for something free because I'm willing to adapt it and it's not worth spending money on it.

Pity that EXIT: das Spiel is in German and unplayable if you don't know the language... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at Betrayal at House on the Hill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ahhh all I could think of was "postage & packaging" lol - should have known that lol!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few print-and-play escape rooms on Heistparty.com, along with lots of ideas for how to make your own:
- Escape Room Z
- Grand Theft Antimatter
- Escape Quest for kids
- 21 Escape Room Puzzles You Can Create At Home For $10
- Blueprint For Crafting Your First Escape Room
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Picart i Barrot
Andorra
Girona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironregime wrote:
There are a few print-and-play escape rooms on Heistparty.com, along with lots of ideas for how to make your own:
- Escape Room Z
- Grand Theft Antimatter
- Escape Quest for kids
- 21 Escape Room Puzzles You Can Create At Home For $10
- Blueprint For Crafting Your First Escape Room

Now this is more like what I'm looking for. They charge for the ready-to-use packages but there are ideas too. I'll keep on searching because, as someone said here,
kilrah wrote:
I'd also bet they exist.

In case anyone is interested, I've found also sites with ideas rather than complete designs, like http://blog.nowescape.com/101-best-puzzle-ideas-for-escape-r...

Thank you all. Still searching...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.