GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,061 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: 2016 People's Choice top 100 Solo Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

Not sure if a similar thread has been created about this. it doesn't look like it but if so, I'm sorry.

Just a reminder for those who are fan of solo-able games around here AND do sometimes play Kingdom Death: Monster in solo mode.

If so, don't forget to participate to this annual "poll" which requests from you a list of your 20 most beloved solo-able games of all times (not necessarily the ones you played or bought in 2016).
You have to send this list by Geek Mail and the results will be aggregated in the prestigious "2016 People's Choice top 100 Solo Games".
In the solitaire community, this list is a big deal.

Here is last year's "People's Choice top 100 Solo Games":
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/200265/2015-peoples-choic...

So, if you often play solo games (and want KD:M to be high on that list), go and check out the rules:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1659805/2016-peoples-choice...
(Deadline for submissions: Dec 4th, 2016)

Last year, KD:M made a huge impression because those who voted for it, made it systematically very high on their list. So much that it was the top game with such a ratio.
But people were not that many to put this game in their submission at all (because very few people have actually played the game), so it didn't reach a very high rank on the aggregated list eventually.

Maybe it would also be interesting to know here below who voted.
Of course, you don't have to but it would give the community a little indication on how much this game has been involved in the "2016 People's Choice top 100 Solo Games".
It's up to you really.

PS: I'm not lobbying as I'm not trying to influence people's votes. All I want is to make people aware that such an aggregated list exists. If you are not a solo gamer at all or don't think KD:M is worth it when played alone, just don't bother.
The idea is to know how high this game is naturally ranking on this list among the solo gamers not to artificially boost the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Voted (of course).

Here's my submitted list of my Top 20 solo-able games:

01 - Kingdom Death: Monster
02 - Gears of War
03 - Dawn of the Zeds (3rd Ed)
04 - Apex Theropod Deck Building Game
05 - Legendary Encounters: An alien Deck Building Game
06 - Terraforming Mars
07 - Star Wars: Imperial Assault
08 - Merchants & Marauders
09 - Slaughterville
10 - RuneBound
11 - Mechs Vs Minions
12 - Leaving Earth
13 - K2
14 - Flash Point
15 - Machina Arcana
16 - Darkest Night
17 - Ambush!
18 - Race! Formula 90
19 - Arkham Horror
20 - Legends of Andor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Common sense won't pay the rent and doesn't grow on trees, but splitting hairs can get you anything you need
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at my Top 20 Solo Games geeklist:

My Top 20 Solo Games - 2016

KD:M right at the top...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Common sense won't pay the rent and doesn't grow on trees, but splitting hairs can get you anything you need
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Voted (of course).

Here's my submitted list of my Top 20 solo-able games:

01 - KingDom Death: Monster
02 - Gears of War
03 - Dawn of the Zeds (3rd Ed)
04 - Apex Theropod Deck Building Game
05 - Legendary Encounters: An alien Deck Building Game
06 - Terraforming Mars
07 - Star Wars: Imperial Assault
08 - Merchants & Marauders
09 - Slaughterville
10 - RuneBound
11 - Mechs Vs Minions
12 - Leaving Earth
13 - K2
14 - Flash Point
15 - Machina Arcana
16 - Darkest Night
17 - Ambush!
18 - Race! Formula 90
19 - Arkham Horror
20 - Legends of Andor

We have 5 matches in our TOP 10! It makes me want to check Apex Theropod and Legendary Encounters... thanks for the indirect recommendation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
PS: I'm not lobbying as I'm not trying to influence people's votes. All I want is to make people aware that such an aggregated list exists. If you are not a solo gamer at all or don't think KD:M is worth it when played alone, just don't bother.
The idea is to know how high this game is naturally ranking on this list among the solo gamers not to artificially boost the results.

You expect to get a "natural ranking" by making players/fans of one particular game aware of the PC100?
I think your methodology is flawed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:

I have no methodology.
Just advertising the PC100 in here.

What I'm saying is that I don't say to non-solo gamers or to people who never played KD:M solo to go and vote for KD:M.
Simple enough and I intend to keep it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Quote:

I have no methodology.

Personally, I was unaware of the list until this thread. I have now been able to submit my (natural) solo games list - which KDM is on, but not necessarily in first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Ill go vote for Arkham Horror
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Quote:

I have no methodology.

I think this was a fine idea*, as the 1PG seems to be KDM-resistant at this point in time. Bunch of old codgers over there.

This may bring in some fresh blood and open their eyes a bit.

*After thinking about it some, this does seem to create some issues. Though I don't think the OP was up to any mischief and was just trying to get some more exposure for a game he really likes (if he thinks like me, it feels like the 1PG hasn't really taken KD:M seriously yet).

But maybe, everyone, vote in that poll only if you're soloing KD:M a lot. I know the OP stressed that already, but more stress there can't hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You said "The idea is to know how high this game is naturally ranking on this list among the solo gamers".

By advertising here, specifically, you are making it less likely that this question gets answered. So maybe this wasn't your primary motivation at all.

I do realise and appreciate you made it clear that this is for solo gamers. But even if people actually read that part and respect it, your post is still likely going to skew the results away from a "natural" ranking by advertising the PC100 among people with an interest in this particular game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the second year in a row that KDM is at the top of my submitted list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
Exo Desta wrote:
baylock wrote:
Quote:

I have no methodology.

I think this was a fine idea, as the 1PG seems to be KDM-resistant at this point in time. Bunch of old codgers over there.

This may bring in some fresh blood and open their eyes a bit.

I wouldn't say that, its been on last years list. And I'm sure it will make it this year, too. It's just too much money to spend withouth being sure that this is the right game for you, so not that many people own it. But I'm glad I bought it and it did make it on my top20 list this year. Again.

As long as you play it solo, vote for it and your other 19 games And I agree, more variety might be good, but also very expensive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
You said "The idea is to know how high this game is naturally ranking on this list among the solo gamers".

By advertising here, specifically, you are making it less likely that this question gets answered. So maybe this wasn't your primary motivation at all.

I do realise and appreciate you made it clear that this is for solo gamers. But even if people actually read that part and respect it, your post is still likely going to skew the results away from a "natural" ranking by advertising the PC100 among people with an interest in this particular game.

I think you are wrong for one reason: the creator of this list says in the rules that we can link his thread freely, which means that doing so is part of the process.
You don't skew the results if you don't mess with the rules.

But even though, you focused on the part of the sentence which is the least important regarding to what I wanted to say: I just wanted to say that I don'ask to anyone to mess with the rules by voting if the game haven't been played solo.
The "natural" part is juts there to oppose the "cheating" part.
If the "natural" part feels like inappropriate to you, just change it to whatever fits.

Please keep in mind that English is not my mother tongue.
It might not be the best way to say things but that's the best I can do to say what I have in mind with the few words I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jffalaschi wrote:
We have 5 matches in our TOP 10! It makes me want to check Apex Theropod and Legendary Encounters... thanks for the indirect recommendation!

Yes, these two games are really great!
These are two deck-building games and I'm usually not fan of these type of games. Even though, they just hooked me.
They are fun, clever and very thematic.

FYI: Legendary Encounter works very well solo AND multiplayer.
Apex (last edition, that is) is a real blast in solo mode but isn't that great as a multiplayer game. Only buy it if you are ok with only playing it solitaire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. I saw the post over at the 1pg but ignored it since I can't really build a top 20 list yet. My library is small
Thankfully I read the rules from the link in your post and submitted a top 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.