Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Under the version 1 of the rules each hero could could only request aid from ONE of the villagers:

"Each hero may seek aid from one Villager per round."

i.e. three heroes could only get a max of three villagers to work each round.

Now, in the version 2 rulebook there is no such restriction, so I assume that under the new rules ALL the villagers in the villager display can now be asked for help and all of them could be asked by a single hero - correct?

I have to admit I actually quite liked the first edition of the rules as it led to some decision making and a lot talk between the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Mixo wrote:
Under the version 1 of the rules each hero could could only request aid from ONE of the villagers:

Now, in the version 2 rulebook there is no such restriction, so I assume that under the new rules ALL the villagers in the villager display can now be asked for help and all of them could be asked by a single hero - correct?

I have to admit I actually quite liked the first edition of the rules as it led to some decision making and a lot talk between the players.

This is correct. So many of the effects are global or monster-targeting (such as the Baker and Priest, respectively) that it was actually pretty rare the rule would even matter other than requiring the players to do a little fiddly bookkeeping.
I agree that I'm all for table-talk and interesting decisions, but this wasn't a consistent enough place to produce them and mostly just penalized smaller player counts (and sure, smaller player counts have an easier game so one could argue that's just a positive balancing element...). It also made little (if any) thematic sense. Limited capacity to perform actions makes sense. Limited capacity to receive help from others...a little less so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karishi wrote:
Mixo wrote:

This is correct. So many of the effects are global or monster-targeting (such as the Baker and Priest, respectively) that it was actually pretty rare the rule would even matter other than requiring the players to do a little fiddly bookkeeping.
I agree that I'm all for table-talk and interesting decisions, but this wasn't a consistent enough place to produce them and mostly just penalized smaller player counts (and sure, smaller player counts have an easier game so one could argue that's just a positive balancing element...). It also made little (if any) thematic sense. Limited capacity to perform actions makes sense. Limited capacity to receive help from others...a little less so.

Fair enough - thanks for the fast answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Greig
Australia
Kelso
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karishi wrote:
It also made little (if any) thematic sense. Limited capacity to perform actions makes sense. Limited capacity to receive help from others...a little less so.

I always saw the theme as you had to go and beg/ask the villager to come help you and only had enough time to convince one of them

but the new rule works well too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.