$30.00
$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Allan A.Y.
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
Can you give us a background why you want to involve real money in Descent?

Honestly the two teams aren't in equal playing grounds and involving money might sour the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spark Black
Greece
flag msg tools
It's not about the real money so much as it is about making the game new again for the veterans..The idea started when i wanted to replace the money in the game with real low worth coins for the flavor so it struck me..why not make this a variant with more suspense and drama inside..it's not suggested for all..only for really close friend groups that want to brag about winning something for real..think about it..if it makes u feel better use the money for pizza

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering how many people celebrated the release of the Road to Legend app for removing the Overlord and creating a co-op experience, I can't see how this idea would do anything but create tension and bad feelings in most players. Competitive games can bring out the worst in a lot of people, especially here in America.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spark Black
Greece
flag msg tools
You might be right but i can't stop thinking of the tension in the decisions everyone makes and the strategy that will rise from it..I'm really sorry you feel that way but I love the realism in games..after all u can put a symbolic amount just for the kick of it..If u want u can use the money as a bank for buying new stuff for your table..Be more mature about it..it's only money

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that idea... now how do we make a strip-Descent with people throwing clothes away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spark Black
Greece
flag msg tools
I really couldn't care less for your rude opinion!!!I have a job so pls..cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spark666 wrote:
You might be right but i can't stop thinking of the tension in the decisions everyone makes and the strategy that will rise from it..I'm really sorry you feel that way but I love the realism in games..after all u can put a symbolic amount just for the kick of it..If u want u can use the money as a bank for buying new stuff for your table..Be more mature about it..it's only money
I'm assuming this post was directed at me. The quote system helps to clear that up in the future.

I honestly think there's enough tension and weight to your choices in the game from the competitive nature already. For many people winning itself is enough of a reason, adding real money consequences may push them over into bad behavior.

You can't really call the attitude immature, since everything we are discussing is subjective. For myself and the people I know, money is never just symbolic. It's a subject you take seriously when you have to literally budget from month to month to not end up homeless.

Cuthailion wrote:
I love that idea... now how do we make a strip-Descent with people throwing clothes away
I play games with no one I would want to see naked. I'd wager that's more common than you're imagining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.