Hide
4 Posts

Animal Mind» Forums » General

Subject: where can I find english rule? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
xiaoyue xu
msg tools
Anyone could share english rule for this game? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
following this thread i'm thinking of buying this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl T.
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
I've got a copy of this game, and it comes with both Japanese and English rules. Here's a brief overview.

Animal Mind is a set collection game in which players aim to score the most VP. The sets in the game are categorised by the types of products – fur, milk, eggs and pets. Each product card also has a value on it ranging from 0 to 2.

The product cards are shuffled to form a deck, and there are also three scoring cards which are seeded into the deck. Each player gets three decision cards, which show "Accept" on one side, and "Reject" on the other. Players will begin the game with 2 decision cards on the "Accept" side, and the other on the "Reject" side.

During a player's turn, that player will take the top card of the product deck without showing it to anyone else. Then that player has to offer the card to one of her opponents, revealing either the value of the card (0, 1 or 2) or the type of product (fur, milk, eggs or pets). The player cannot lie when revealing this information.

The intended recipient can choose to either accept or reject this offer. If she accepts, she has to flip one of her "Accept" decision cards to the other side. She then adds the new product to its corresponding set in her collection. If she rejects, she has to flip one of her "Reject" decision cards to the other side. The player who is making the offer then has to add the product to her own collection.

So, if a player has all decision cards facing "Accept" or "Reject", then she has no choice but to accept or reject respectively. (She still gets to flip one of the decision cards.) Also, a player can only have a maximum of 3 product types in her collection. If she takes in the fourth product type, she has to discard the largest set to make way for the new product.

The game continues in this way, and is paused for scoring whenever a scoring card is revealed. The game ends after the third scoring round.

Scoring works by counting the number of cards in a set, then multiplying it by the value of the card most recently added to the set. So let's say you have 4 milk cards, and the most recent milk card added to the set has a value of 2. The set is worth 8VP (4x2). On the other hand, if the most recent milk card added is worth 0, then the set is worth 0VP (4x0).

That's the general description of the rules. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them to my best efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
indeed i decided to order by myself and english rules were included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.