Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Worthington
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Morning folks!

Some clarification on the following if you're able please...

I've been trying out the new cards from Dominion 2nd Edition, and during one game an opponent played a 'Bandit', which reads:

"Gain a Gold. Each other player reveals the top 2 cards of their deck, trashes a revealed Treasure other than Copper, and discards the rest."

I was therefore forced to draw 2 cards, however I only had 1 card left in my draw pile.

Am I right in thinking that the following is how I should resolve the required action....?

I draw 1 card, set aside the card I've drawn, reshuffle the rest of my deck, draw another card, and then make my decision (if I have one) as to which card to trash, before discarding the rest to my now empty discard pile?

This is how I played the card and seems to make sense, but I'm just checking that I shouldn't have reshuffled the 1st card I drew into my deck when I was forced to reshuffle? This wouldn't make as much sense to me as I see that this would deny me the decision in an instance where two "non-copper treasure cards" came up, but I just wanted to be sure...

I've also read a rule in the last couple of days that in instances like this, I should actually be reshuffling my discard pile first, placing it under my remaining cards, and then drawing the required cards. Is this correct? (This would obviously then resolve the above question)

Hope that's clear. Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Simpson
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You were right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
SteWorthington wrote:
I've also read a rule in the last couple of days that in instances like this, I should actually be reshuffling my discard pile first, placing it under my remaining cards, and then drawing revealing the required cards. Is this correct? (This would obviously then resolve the above question)

Yes - the 2nd edition rules for shuffling were re-written this way.

The nett effect is the same as doing it as per the 1st edition rules, which would have been to reveal the first one, then shuffle the discard pile (keeping the first revealed card in revealed-card-land, i.e. neither in your deck nor discard pile), and then reveal the second card, make decisions etc.

Apparently, a lot of people were already doing it this way (shuffling then revealing both).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Worthington
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks folks! I have the upgrade box so might have to check out the updated rule book. Is it available as a PDF?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Worthington
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also thanks for noticing that I kept saying "draw" instead of "reveal". Good clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
SteWorthington wrote:
Thanks folks! I have the upgrade box so might have to check out the updated rule book. Is it available as a PDF?

Yes. The rules are available to download on the Rio Grande Games web site. Just be aware that they have a separate page for the original and 2nd edition Dominion games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.