Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

in the AoC you bid once per Adventure meaning that will be 12 bids for Conan in the game (could it be more or less, i ask?)

With Story cards you only bid if you successfully finish a story, so it's possible to happen 4 times in a row, multiples times in the game i think, doesn't this break the momentum of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible but highly unlikely, I played one game where we only completed 5 stories. In the whole game... it sucked. Part of the problem is Conan might be getting close to the location you need then the adventure ends and he jumps over to the final space of the adventure. Conan really does not move that much or that fast to complete that many stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Bass
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
badge
What's this? Why, it's the Hiller Flying Platform! It flew in 1955.
mbmbmbmbmb
I felt, also, there were too many bidding episodes with Conan with the Story Cards. However, after a few more games I came to look on it as an opportunity to improve my hand of strategy cards, since you draw a new one with each bid.

With two players, especially, it's hard to get Conan to move up his experience track without lots of stories so he can take a shot at being crowned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.