The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Are there any super-printer friendly dividers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been tweaking the game after getting into it; and I've made a very simple foam-core insert and divided up all the cards.

Currently I've made a few dividers just cutting up some card and writing the names on there - but they look terrible.

I have seen there are many dividers in the files sections but all the ones I have looked at seem to have large pictures and fancy graphics.

In order to save me searching 100s of PDFs, does anyone know if there are any simple dividers floating around? What I would be looking for is:

- The bulk of the divider is blank (i.e. the bit covered by the cards)
- The top has the name of the deck; and the logo of the deck (encounter logo, sphere logo etc)

Should you need an example - I used these dividers for Legendary Alien (the printer friendly version): Legendary Encounters Dividers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in this too. I was thinking about printing the dividers designed by Ryno(which look fantastic, btw), but I would prefer some that don't use ink on the bottom portion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Daves
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually in the process of making something like that. Blank bottom, headers with an icon and a name. Right now it's a hero and card pair for each Sphere + plus the two saga spheres (haven't divided up by card type, but debating on adding those), one for each encounter deck, and one for each box/cycle to hold quest, campaign, treasure, and other misc. cards. They don't have the pretty tabs others use but use the whole card width, since I plan on scoring along the top to allow the header to fold on top of the cards. I'm only through the khazad-dum box and dwarrowdelf cycle right now and need to do a bit of size adjustments. I was initially planning on only doing what I currently own, but I can add in the rest I can find icons for and post it when it's done, maybe this weekend, maybe next.

Edit - went and looked at Ryno's. Mine are no where near as pretty; just a greyscale icon in the top left, and a single line of black text listing the encounter name, set, sphere - heroes, or sphere - cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel that sounds extacly what I am after. Hopefully horizontal

I don't care about pretty, text and logo would be amazing.

I only have the core set and mirkwood so you're already aheead of me.

Look forward to what you come up with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I make dividers, keep up to date, have the title and icon and keep a sequence, but yeah, they are colorful and have a bit of art on them, so it may not be what you are looking for.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/112724/lord-rings-lcg-hor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ryan. Don't get me wrong, they look amazing and pretty much the gold standard of designing dividers!

However I only have a black and white laser printer and just can't justify printing those out. I would love to though

So left with basic text option. Keep up the good work though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally understandable! That toner ain't cheap (part of why I print mine at work lol!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for making these, Ryno. They really are fantastic. But yeah, I had to buy cheaper 3rd party toner on Amazon to afford my organization OCD!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm ebmarassed to admit but I got bored and knocked some up. They are literally just a name and a logo.

I've only done for what I own so far (core set and mirkwood) plus some generic ones for things like quests and prebuilt decks, but happy to post if they would be useful to anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Daves
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My initial set made it through geekmod and is available: Simple LOTR Horizontal Dividers. The rest of the files I've got done so far should be joining it soon.
-Core & Mirkwood
-Hobbit Saga
-Fellowship Saga
-Two Towers Saga
-Khazad-dum & Dwarrowdelf
-POD (first 6)

I've stared at those cards / redone things enough times that I've probably got a mistake or two in there, but they should be simple enough to fix.

I'll work on adding the other sets as I get them done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.